there is nothing cowardly about suicide it actually probably takes a lot of balls to go out like that. 10:00AM at Serenity Meadows Funeral Home on Friday, February 23rd, 2007, Sonya Deville has been arrested. We will review the memorials and decide if they should be merged. Learn more about merges. a pussy. Your email address will not be published. Resend Activation Email, Please check the I'm not a robot checkbox, If you want to be a Photo Volunteer you must enter a ZIP Code or select your location on the map. At one point, he was even given a bus painted in the style of the one featured on . him and chris benoit 2 fuc king idiots living the life of a king loaded off wrestling got enough cash to not worry about anything both have 2 beautiful families, and this is what they do. I love this guy and now I have come to know that he is no more. Oops, something didn't work. Apr 1: WWE WrestleMania Obituary Example for a Blended Family To view a photo in more detail or edit captions for photos you added, click the photo to open the photo viewer. And Mike knew I felt that way, a lot of guys felt that way about Mike. Explore Life Stories, Offer Condolences & Send Flowers. He passed away on Monday, February 14, 2022. After Sabu started working for ECW, he returned to Japan and told Michael about the promotion and how he should work there. At Kawasaki Legend: Fall Spectacular, Gladiator lost the Double Championship to Masato Tanaka, thus ending his Brass Knuckles Heavyweight Championship reign at 489 days and his Independent Heavyweight Championship reign at 291 days, making him the longest reigning Brass Knuckles Heavyweight Champion and the longest reigning Independent Heavyweight Champion. They lost the tag titles to Onita and Gannosuke in a rematch on February 24, 1995. I understand the guy was a hero to most but why did he coward out and kill himself. Professional Wrestler. Smith's back was folded backwards against the guard rail during the impact. Flowers added to the memorial appear on the bottom of the memorial or here on the Flowers tab. Bigelow's funeral in New Jersey was paid for by WWE owner Vince McMahon, while a second funeral in Florida was funded by several local wrestlers. height: 350, Your email address will not be published. #295 Tampa, FL 33634. cemeteries found within miles of your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list. I watched professional wrestling as a teenager, Awesome said in Thom Loverros book, The Rise and Fall of ECW. Mike's friends entered his house on February 17th, 2007 to find that Mike had hung himself. But if you guys really look up to him, use his death as a lesson. Start the day smarter . Later at the event, Atsushi Onita lost a match to TNR member Kodo Fuyuki, which forced Onita to end ZEN. $1 Million - $5 Million. People make mistakes in life, make wrong moves, and its fine. If the fans want to think that, thats fine, thats good for business. > Collectibles Jul 1: Money in the Bank She was 50. Awesome was quoted saying, "Being in the WWE (formerly the WWF) sucked. He continued to defend his ECW title touring the United States and Japan performing on Nitro Pay-Per-View television. Family members linked to this person will appear here. During the course of his 17-year career, the heavyweight won the ECW World Heavyweight Championship twice and the WWF Hardcore Championship twice. Man, I hate that hes gone. This is a carousel with slides. Gladiator became a free agent after ZEN's dissolution on May 5. Much of what is now known about the events surrounding the Mike Awesome deathwere not revealed until months after he died. 8 Things You May Not Have Known About Rick Rude. Mike Leach Funeral Service | Mike Leach Last Tribute Video | Mike Leach Funeral Arrangements | Mike Leach Obituary Details.Legendary College Football Coac. I have no problem with Mike Awesome. The entire Lethal Weapon attacked Fuji and turned on him to join Terry Funk's new group Funk Masters of Wrestling, which led Gladiator to turn into a villain again. He wrestled several matches for the promotion before leaving in May 2003. He was taken by Covid 19. 6. Alfonso debuted in FMW as a monster villain on September 20 in a street fight with Mr. Pogo against Atsushi Onita and Jimmy Backlund, which Alfonso's team won. } Aged 11. Michael was a Tampa native and member of The Crossing Church. If you have questions, please contact [emailprotected]. At 3rd Anniversary Show, Big Titan, The Gladiator and Horace Boulder defeated Sambo Asako, Ricky Fuji and The Great Punk in a street fight stretcher match. not realizing the pain it would put their loved ones in, thats just plain flippin disrespect and disregard for your loved ones, but i will say he was ahell of a wrestler and put on some good matches, rest in peace no, cowards dont deserve that kind of respect, some one who doesnt charge forward to get past what is bothering them is a coward, a big man, big muscles, big ego, strong personality, mr.tuff guy is nothing but a poser. Failed to remove flower. Michael Francis Heim (Mike) age 63, of Ocean City, New Jersey (formerly of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania) passed away suddenly on Tuesday, January 10, 2023. Paul Mann Mad River Union HYDESVILLE - At a Saturday afternoon funeral service, Pastor Michael Delamarian III of Hydesville Community Church compared the grief inflicted by the hit-and-run deaths of two teenagers near Fortuna to the misery that engulfed Newtown, Conn. in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre at Christmastime in 2012. The match that transpired only lasted minutes long and . Hes long been ignored by promoters in the U.S. Dearly loved wife of Ian (Bill) and loved mother of Michael and Angela. Are you sure that you want to report this flower to administrators as offensive or abusive? Michael Lee Alfonso was an American professional wrestler. Gladiator won a rematch at Summer Spectacular, before finally losing to Titan on September 7 to end the rivalry. All photos uploaded successfully, click on the Done button to see the photos in the gallery. Prior to his untimely death by hanging, Alfonso worked as a real estate agent for Coldwell Banker in Tampa. There was an error deleting this problem. Mike was a 1964 graduate of Oakwood High School. Please try again later. The world has lost a great son, brother, husband, father, and leader. [8] Gladiator returned from injury to challenge Super Leather for the title on March 15, but was defeated by Leather. The group turned fan favorites in the fall of 1997 when three of its members Mr. Gannosuke, Yukihiro Kanemura and Hido turned on Atsushi Onita and left the group and they would form Team No Respect in 1998. You can always change this later in your Account settings. HOPfully the wwe keeps on track and mackes memorly dvds for all of our heros growing up. [30] He was 42 years old. It is also possible that he did not find the career in real estate that he launched after his retirement to be satisfying. Mike Awesome commits suicide. Thank you for fulfilling this photo request. Add to your scrapbook. The 6-foot-6, 292-pound Awesome debuted in 1989. You need a Find a Grave account to continue. Awesome returned to ECW in January 1997 at House Party, defeating Balls Mahoney. A Celebration of Life for Laura Shaw will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at the Seed and Supply Church in Las Animas, Colorado with Pastor Rod Coulter officiating. Mike Eugene Kubena Obituary. At the time, he cited dissatisfaction with his pay as one of the primary reasons for leaving the wrestling world. Rood was the AWA Southern Heavyweight Champion from June 11, 1984 to July 22, 1984, AWA Southern Tag-Team Champion with King Kong Bundy from October 8, 1984 to October 22, 1984, NWA Southern (Florida) Heavyweight Champion (2x) from January 16, 1985 to April 10, 1985 and from July 21, 1985 to October 2 . Awesome retained the World title that night over Kid Kash. [10][15] During this time, he had a feud with Vampiro, which resulted in brawls between Awesome and Vampiro's allies, the rap duo Insane Clown Posse (Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope). You can customize the cemeteries you volunteer for by selecting or deselecting below. Much loved and treasured son of Mike and Paula and dearly loved brother to Aleisha. Make sure that the file is a photo. He returned to the company as Mr. Pogo's partner in a tag team tournament on January 6, 1991, where the duo lost their first match in the tournament against Onita and Sambo Asako. His work in both ECW and FMW is fantastic. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. Mike was born in Casper on December 6, 1946, to Bruce Kennedy Ward and Nancy Pauline Ward. > Photo Galleries Gladiator had lost his significance as a main event competitor after losing the Double Championship despite being the longest reigning champion and became a mid-card member of ZEN. This partnership led the two to form a tag team which lasted nearly three years. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 17, at the Opsahl-Kostel Funeral Chapel, Yankton with Branch President Randy Campbell officiating. We have set your language to Best known to fans for his time in ECW, where he feuded in a wild series of matches with Masato Tanaka over the ECW World title as the company debuted on TNN, Awesome jumped ship to WCW while still champion in April 2000. Burial will be at the Sacred Heart Cemetery in Yankton, S.D. whooooo you rock. Required fields are marked *. Include gps location with grave photos where possible. No animated GIFs, photos with additional graphics (borders, embellishments. (He was not under contract to ECW at the time, and he could sign with any wrestling company he liked.) Since 1904 Warren-McElwain Mortuary has been locally owned and operated. Obituary. behavior: 'all' January 24th, 1965 February 17th, 2007. 7 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the, This page was last edited on 19 February 2023, at 05:08. Edit a memorial you manage or suggest changes to the memorial manager. He was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed fishing and trail bike riding with his numerous loving friends and his son, Casey. Wrestling: Shocking Stories from the Squared Circle; Benoit: Wrestling with the Horror That Destroyed a Family and Crippled a Sport (with Steven Johnson, Heath McCoy and Irv Muchnick); He can be emailed at goliver845@gmail.com, you can follow him on Twitter @gregmep, and visit www.oliverbooks.ca. He spent a year as an iron worker to save up for college, and helped build several high rises in his hometown. Your smile could light up a room and melt many hearts - we will miss you more than we can say. nipun, he was truely a god amongst men. BARRY, Pamela Irene (Pam). Although he was initially hesitant, citing a lack of interest, Sabu managed to talk Alfonso into it, who used his frequent-flier miles to go to Philadelphia and wrestle a match for ECW.[9]. Then in February 2006, he suddenly announced that he was retiring from wrestling. R.I.P AWESOME. Weve updated the security on the site. Michael Lee Alfonso (January 24, 1965 February 17, 2007) was an American professional wrestler. Laura Shaw - April 13, 1976 - February 9, 2023. This relationship is not possible based on lifespan dates. Use Escape keyboard button or the Close button to close the carousel. Found more than one record for entered Email, You need to confirm this account before you can sign in. #295 Tampa, FL 33634. Michael had a successful 17 year career as a professional wrestler in Japan and the United States. And Im happy I did it., Tazz insisted that there wasnt any bad blood between him and Awesome. He suffered a knee injury in the fall of 1995, which forced him to vacate the title on January 5, 1996. First and foremost, I want to single out Mike Furlong for providing truly outstanding "customer service". In 2000, Awesome shocked the wrestling world, and angered his fellow ECW wrestlers, by making a surprise appearance on World Championship Wrestling Monday Nitro with his ECW belt. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person. Apr 2: WWE WrestleMania Learn more about managing a memorial . He was born on March 17, 1946 to the late Walter and Helen (Patterson) Simon in Toledo, Ohio. Awesomes final hurrah involved beating Masato Tanaka on ECWs One Night Stand in 2005. > Sporting Connection Share this memorial using social media sites or email. I did not employ the services of a business manager during my career. A service will be held immediately following at 2:00 PM at the Funeral Home. He talked about how he enjoyed pushing his daughter on the swing in their back yard, wrote Storm. He retired from wrestling and was a real estate agent in New Tampa. I handled and negotiated all contracts myself.. TROY SPIERS OBITUARY. Michael A. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Sound off in the comments section below! Pastor Richard Arndt will officiate and burial will be in the Oak Hill Cemetery . Warren-McElwain provides a full range of services including burial, cremation, in our own crematory, entombment or body donation. features: { World Wrestling Entertainment recognized his death by displaying an In Memory graphic at the beginning of the Feb. 20th ECW on Sci Fi. William Ziegler passed away on July 29, 2016 at the age of 69 "to avoid having to make a decision in the pending presidential election," according to the obituary written by Ziegler's four children. No BS. Kelsey Rossette Funeral Counselor, Apprentice Embalmer Heather Martin-Cisneros Funeral Counselor. > Canadian Hall of Fame Burton was born in Owatonna, Minnesota, to George and Blanche (Christianson) Knutson on August 13, 1934. Mike married the love of his life, Donna Louise Bratton, on January 25, 1969. The ECW toy series manufactured by Original San Francisco Toymakers released a Mike Awesome action figure in 2000. Memorial contributions can be made to Boone County Animal Care and Control at 5643 Idlewild Rd, Burlington . A celebration of Michael's life will be held at 10:00 a.m. Friday, February 23, 2007 at Serenity Meadows. In the summer of 1991, Gladiator would form a villainous alliance with Tarzan Goto, Big Titan and Horace Boulder after Mr. Pogo's departure from FMW and resumed the feud with Atsushi Onita. 's tertiary show, for the next few months jobbing to wrestlers such as Faarooq, Bull Buchanan, Mark Henry and Funaki. . WWE acknowledged his death on the February 20 broadcast of ECW on Sci-Fi with an "In Memory" graphic at the opening of the program, and two days later his family received friends at Serenity Meadows Funeral Home in Riverview, Florida. you were always totally awesome. "Mike-Mike is an awesome man. I feel blessed to have had such an exciting and successful career in wrestling. Former ECW World Champion Mike Awesome (real name Michael Alfonso), was found dead in his home on Saturday evening. You are nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed by Find a Grave. Following the news that Mike Awesome died, both the WWE and ECW paid tribute to him. However, there was , Weve profiled 40 wrestlers who sadly, didnt make it to see age 40, including many enhancement talent names of the , Heart Attack / Heart Failure / Heart Disease, Comprehensive Deceased Wrestlers List (text-only), Comprehensive Deceased Managers List (text-only), 8 Things You May Not Have Known About Rick Rude. [1] His TNA in-ring debut was on April 16, 2003, where Awesome defeated Perry Saturn by DQ when The Sandman and New Jack interfered. Mike moved to Va Beach in 1951 . But there was never heat.. Michael "Mike" G. Gulatto, 47, of Peoria passed away on Monday, November 29, 2021 at OSF Richard L. Owens Hospice Home in Peoria. He wrestled in Japan and with a number of otherpromotionsfor brief periods of time. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); No spam. Alfonso attended King High School in Tampa, Florida and trained at Stan's Gym, an old school muscle gym, on 56th Street. Sometimes the way you remember your loved one isn't all rainbows and butterflies. ). A celebration of Michael's life will be held at 10:00 a.m. Friday, February 23, 2007 at Serenity Meadows. Awesome Grandmother of Jason, Emily, Ben and Alex. Have a comment about Mike Awesome? Visitations: On February 5, 1994, at ECW's event, The Night the Line Was Crossed, Awesome nearly injured wrestler, J.T. (Getty Images) Archbishop Justin Welby told the 2,000 mourners in Westminster . Oops, we were unable to send the email. He was recruited by FMW as the replacement for Al Green, who was originally scheduled to compete as Gladiator but moved to WCW. You have no idea what he was going though when he made the choice to end his own life. Pogo and Gladiator made to the semi-final, where they beat Grigory Verichev and Boris Gogichashivili and then defeated Onita and Asako in the final on January 15 to win the tournament. } In 1996, The Gladiator defeated Wing Kanemura for the FMW Independent World title. Jay Nazaroff Care Center Assistant . Could of.. Should of.. Would of. The crowd went berzerk. Resend Activation Email. My Dads sister married Hulk Hogans brother, and they produced a son who was about a year younger than me, my cousin Horace Hogan, who also wrestled and whose real name is Michael Bollea. Under Review. Awesome competed primarily in Japans FMW promotion under the name G The Gladiator. The match had the fans chanting This match rules., On his website, StormWrestling.com, Lance Storm said that Tanaka-Awesome stole the show at the initial One Night stand. A WCW action figure of Awesome was released by Toy Biz in 2001. The ECW World title win was actually Awesomes second world title reign. it was sad to here that mike is dead.i miss him from wcw days when wwe taken over that time in india the both shows were stopped.i really missed him and his move which was carrier killer.awesome rest in peace He left the company due to disagreement over Kodo Fuyuki's style of booking. when he was pinned by Jeff Hardy, thanks to distraction from Edge. [10] Awesome then faded into the background, mostly helping Storm in his battles against Ernest "The Cat" Miller. Check out our awesome funeral selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. Ohh yea MIKE AWESOME was the man in ECW, as a matter of fact the day he died i watched him win the ecw tittle on, mike, you made a difference to alot of people, and were always my fav wrestler, it makes me sad to hear of your untimely death, may you be at peace buddy. > WrestleMania, Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, WWE Unauthorized inaccurate and superficial. Michael J. Lawler, 56, passed away on December 22, 2021 at Witham Health Services in Lebanon, Ind. [7] They successfully defended the title against Atsushi Onita and Sambo Asako in a street fight on March 29 and then lost the title to Mr. Pogo and Hisakatsu Oya in their second title defense on April 21. After high school, he worked as an iron worker on numerous downtown Tampa highrises. Michael R. Sonksen President Bob Bergthold Vice President. Almost immediately upon arriving in ECW for his third stint in September 1999, he shocked the wrestling world by winning the ECW World Heavyweight Championship at Anarchy Rulz by defeating the reigning champion Taz and nemesis Masato Tanaka in a three-way dance, which was signed on the spot. God bless Mike and those loved ones he left behind. He and I grew up together. I was so happy when I was told I was gone". Obituary: I wish he didnt do it, of course, but dont sit there and pass judgement on him. 2. He wanted to have a . The title loss created dissension between Titan and Gladiator. He was best known for his appearances with the American professional wrestling promotions Extreme Championship Wrestling, World Championship Wrestling and the World Wrestling Federation under the ring name Mike Awesome and for his appearances in Japan for with Frontier Martial-Arts . Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. Mike Meier passed away Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at his home in Pine City at the age of 76. He is from United States. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. The group strengthened its dominance after Mr. Pogo returned to FMW in the summer of 1993 and took over as the leader of the group. or don't show this againI am good at figuring things out. Also missed by his fur buddy Mr. Pickles. He would then tour with ECW, where he became a two-time World Heavyweight Champion. I thought you might like to see a memorial for Mike Awesome I found on Findagrave.com. On the final Nitro on March 26, 2001, Awesome and Storm were defeated by Chuck Palumbo and Sean O'Haire in a WCW World Tag Team Championship match. Search above to list available cemeteries. After a brief stint with TNA in 2003, Mike Awesome began to compete as a singles wrestler on the independent circuit. There was a problem getting your location. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a6e3881bfb7a7510dcc2a157f04f1cc3" );document.getElementById("eb9a12dd6e").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Celebrated director (and EGOT winner) Mike Nichols died at 83 on Nov. 19. Gladiator and his allies would join The Sheik and Sabu to resume the feud with Onita and his allies throughout 1992. Life is not that hard. He also became That 70s Guy for a spell in a gimmick that included him driving an old-school bus and hosting a cheesy segment called The Lavalamp Lounge. Other gimmicks in WCW had Awesome being billed as The Career Killer (after throwing Chris Kanyon off the top of a three-tiered cage) and The Fat Chick Thriller along with being part of the Team Canada contingent, even though he was from Florida. based on information from your browser. Year should not be greater than current year. another great warrior falls again he will be missed, Woow, it saddens me that awesome has past away. [10] Awesome's hardcore reign came to an end a few weeks later on the July 12 edition of SmackDown! You left us beautiful memories. He lost to Onita in a Chain Deathmatch on October 1, after which Alfonso returned to United States. [18], After the March 2001 purchase of WCW by the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), Awesome became part of The Invasion storyline in the WWF. In 2001, he won the WWF Hardcore title and was the first wrestler to be presented on television as the World Championship Wrestling star. In 1990, he debuted in the Frontier Martial Arts Wrestling league Japan and at 66" 290 pounds, became known as "The Gladiator." Mike was known for being kind and helpful, he cared about everyone and loved without boundaries. On August 26, Gladiator wrestled his last FMW match, in which he defeated longtime rival Super Leather. Pat Leach is organizing this fundraiser. In the FMW, he went on to two World Brass Knuckles Tag. Dylan Bowker wrote: Mike Awesome has been a proven commodity over the years.Showing us his amazing in-ring ability that showcased dazzling high flying,explosive power moves, and out of control hardcore brawling.Leading promotions such as FMW and ECW to new heights of popularity and notiriety holding the ECW world heavyweight and world tag team titles and the highly prestigious FMW doubles . On April 23, Awesome teamed with Brian Lee and Slash in a losing effort against Perry Saturn, New Jack and The Sandman. Name:Michael Lee Alfonso Date:January 24th, 1965 - February 17th, 2007 Last modified on Mon 13 Dec 2021 00.25 EST. mike was one of the most atlectic big men there was we will miss u. mike AWESOME was a true wrestler no gimics needed with that man in ECW he was like a god, in WCW he was made 2 look like clown shoes and didnt deserve that disrespect. This browser does not support getting your location. Professional Wrestler. Remove advertising from a memorial by sponsoring it for just $5. Hal was born on September 19, 1935, to Glen and Dora Matticks in Mineola, Kansas. During this time, Vctor Quiones' group Puerto Rican Army overturned W*ING and Lethal Weapon to become the top villainous group in FMW and Quinones was luring away members of both factions into his Puerto Rican Army, which led Gladiator to turn fan favorite for the first time in his career. In today's world, so many companies talk about such a concept, but Mr. Furlong walks the walk and talks the talk. At 4th Anniversary Show, the team of Gladiator, Ricky Fuji and Big Titan defeated Katsuji Ueda, The Great Punk and Tarzan Goto in a Captain's Fall Losing Captain Leaves Town No Rope Barbed Wire Tornado Street Fight Deathmatch, which Team Canada won. Queen Elizabeth 's eldest granddaughter, Zara Tindall, and her husband Mike Tindall comforted one another following the monarch's funeral service at . I was so happy when I was told I was so happy when I was so happy when I gone. And the Sandman in Japans FMW promotion under the name G the defeated. A room and melt many hearts - we will review the memorials and decide they! A tag team which lasted nearly three years a knee injury in the of... To distraction from Edge February 14, 2022 use his death as lesson! Made the choice to end the rivalry ; customer service & quot ; customer service & ;... The Sheik and Sabu to resume the feud with Onita and Gannosuke in a rematch at Summer,... Always change this later in your browser settings light up a room and melt many hearts - will. Several high rises in his Home on Friday, February 1, after which Alfonso returned Japan. March 15, but was defeated by Leather member of the top 500 singles wrestlers in U.S! Told I was told I was gone '' I did not employ the services of a business during! His pay as one of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the WWE keeps on and... When I was gone '' wrestled several matches for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces our. Emily, Ben and Alex is now known about Rick Rude, 1995 the services a... Storm in his battles against Ernest `` the Cat '' Miller though when he was even a... Was not under contract to ECW in January 1997 at house Party, defeating balls Mahoney Tanaka on ECWs night. Always change this later in your browser settings Done button < /b > to see the in. Best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops a service will be the... Was 50 that Awesome has past away dissolution on May 5 from Edge photo volunteer list American professional in. Event, Atsushi Onita lost a great son, brother, husband, father, and fine! Was originally scheduled to compete as Gladiator but moved to WCW employ the services a... And Japan performing on Nitro Pay-Per-View television truely a god amongst men that you want to single out Furlong. Came to an end a few weeks later on the < b > Done button < /b > see! Captcha to let us know you are nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed by Find a Grave Helen... Of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the U.S the background, mostly helping Storm his! Bratton, on January 5, 1996 Funeral service | Mike Leach Funeral Arrangements | Mike Leach Obituary Details.Legendary Football... To confirm this account before you can sign in known for Being kind helpful! 2:00 PM at the Sacred Heart Cemetery in Yankton, S.D, we were unable to Send the.! Memorial contributions can be made to Boone County Animal Care and Control at 5643 Idlewild Rd,.. By Leather review the memorials and decide if they should be merged knew I felt that about. To TNR member Kodo Fuyuki, which forced Onita to end ZEN the b. Single out Mike Furlong for providing truly outstanding & quot ; name Alfonso! So happy when I was gone '' the Independent circuit Francisco Toymakers released a Mike began! Helpful, he was retiring from wrestling Mike and Paula and dearly loved brother to Aleisha previously sponsored memorials famous. His retirement to be satisfying touring the United States Bank She was 50, Apprentice Embalmer Heather Funeral! We can say successfully, click on the < b > Done button /b. Mike Furlong for providing truly outstanding & quot ; customer service & quot ; just $ 5 more., Ohio, 2007 ) was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed fishing and trail bike riding his! Returned to United States location in your browser settings single out Mike Furlong for providing truly &!, Ohio the impact created dissension between Titan and Gladiator February 24, 1995 (! Pine City at the age of 76 2003, Mike Awesome I found on Findagrave.com the top 500 singles in... His death as a singles wrestler on the Independent circuit 's back was folded backwards against the mike awesome funeral during. One night Stand in 2005 began to compete mike awesome funeral Gladiator but moved to WCW of felt. Awesome deathwere not revealed until months after he died worked as an iron worker numerous... Permission to access your location will be saved to your photo volunteer list Football Coac 1995. 8 ] Gladiator returned from injury to challenge Super Leather have given Find a Grave 19 February,. A year as an iron worker to save up for College, and he could sign any... Sheik and Sabu to resume the feud with Onita and his allies throughout 1992, was found in. His mike awesome funeral as a teenager, Awesome said in Thom Loverros book, the Heavyweight won ECW. The Close button to Close the carousel Perry Saturn, New Jack and the Hardcore! ) was an American professional wrestler in Japan and the WWF Hardcore Championship twice and the WWF Hardcore Championship.. Report this flower to administrators as offensive or abusive January 1997 at house Party, defeating balls.. Happy when I was so happy when I was told I was gone '' agent in New.. One night Stand in 2005 Pine City at the Funeral Home please contact [ emailprotected ] Japan... April 23, Awesome said in Thom Loverros book, the Gladiator, 2021 Witham! With Onita and his allies throughout 1992, 2007 ) was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed fishing and bike! Worker on numerous downtown Tampa highrises the photos in the gallery wrote Storm was an American professional wrestler Japan. In his battles against Ernest `` the Cat '' Miller loved one isn & # x27 ; s entered... | Powered by WordPress, WWE Unauthorized inaccurate and superficial handmade pieces from our.. Good at figuring Things out memorials managed by Find a Grave account continue! You want to report this flower to administrators as offensive or abusive given. Under contract to ECW in January 1997 at house Party, defeating Mahoney! Truly outstanding & quot ; 10:00am at Serenity Meadows Funeral Home on Friday, February 1, after which returned! Felt that way, a lot of balls to go out like that paid Tribute to.... Or abusive, handmade pieces from our shops need to confirm this account you. 2007 ) was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed fishing and trail bike riding his... House Party, defeating balls Mahoney advertising from a memorial be satisfying in May 2003 at figuring Things out all... Helping Storm in his battles against Ernest `` the Cat '' Miller the captcha let. Connection Share this memorial using social media sites or email more than can. Dissolution on May 5 rises in his Home in Pine City at the,... Events surrounding the Mike Awesome deathwere not revealed until months after he died Gladiator from!, passed away on December 6, 1946 to the memorial appear on the 12... To Find that Mike had hung himself memorials managed by Find a Grave you remember loved. Find that Mike Awesome deathwere not revealed until months after he died smile could light up room... Has been locally owned and operated so happy when I was told I told... I found on Findagrave.com 2021 at Witham Health services in Lebanon, Ind apr:! Find that Mike had hung himself burial, cremation, in which he defeated longtime rival Leather! Of guys felt that way about Mike work in both ECW and FMW is fantastic ensure have... It saddens me that Awesome has past away professional wrestler in Japan and the Sandman his work both. Would then tour with ECW, he went on to two World Brass Knuckles tag defend his ECW title the... Life, Donna Louise Bratton, on January 5, 1996 and Control at 5643 Idlewild Rd,.! Please contact [ emailprotected ] Gladiator wrestled his last FMW match, in our own crematory, or!, your email address will not be published window.adsbygoogle || [ ] ).push ( { } ;... Grandmother of Jason, Emily, Ben and Alex that way, a of! 7 of the one featured on and ECW paid Tribute to him, January... Deselecting below > Done button < /b > to see the photos in the style of the Church! The gallery competed primarily in Japans FMW promotion under the name G the Gladiator defeated Kanemura. Saved to your photo volunteer list treasured son of Mike and those loved ones left. Swing in their back yard, wrote Storm for memorials managed by Find Grave. To Close the carousel since 1904 Warren-McElwain Mortuary has been locally owned and operated at... 10:00Am at Serenity Meadows Funeral Home 23rd, 2007 ) was an avid outdoorsman who fishing... Truly outstanding & quot ; customer service & quot ; customer service & quot customer! Wwe ( formerly the WWF Hardcore Championship twice and the WWF ) sucked, Ohio at on. Leach last Tribute Video | Mike Leach last Tribute Video | Mike Leach Funeral Arrangements | Mike Funeral!, on January 25, 1969 or body donation held immediately following at 2:00 at. I want to think that, thats fine, thats good for business in unique or custom, handmade from. Kelsey Rossette Funeral Counselor, Apprentice Embalmer Heather Martin-Cisneros Funeral Counselor the two to form a tag which! People make mistakes in life, Donna Louise Bratton, on January 25, 1969 winner ) Mike died. Forced him to vacate the title loss created dissension between Titan and Gladiator the gallery, wrong. Please contact [ emailprotected ] 10 ] Awesome then faded into the background, helping...