I go in there and I dont even know what I wanted out of it. On June 19, 2009, she faced Sarah Kaufman, losing the match by a unanimous decision. New, Triple H "Very Happy" With Failed Vince McMahon Prodigy's WWE Progress. "I just want to bring back that . Baszler showed a lot of toughness in her fight, but she was defeated in the second round by technical knockout. Alexa Bliss defeated Shayna Baszler at WWE Hell in a Cell 2021 as Bliss continues to delve into what has been a polarizing horror character to say the least. She said those are two matches she'd recommend to anybody not familiar with pro wrestling to help them grasp the concept of what she does now. ", Baszler: "I think there's two and I guess these kind of go hand in hand so obviously winning the NXT title was my first big, big moment. vs QueenZelina and Carmella. Baszler: "My mom and dad live there. Ill figure it out. Besides The Queen of Spades, she has also been dubbed as the submission magician due to her extended arsenal of submission manoeuvres. It's not any different from us. McMann would go on to win a decision, but Baszler once again showed off her toughness in a fight that earned Fight of the Night honors. Shayna Baszler: A Brief Biography. Heres the transcript of her account, courtesy of WrestlingNews.co: You come in with this image that [Vince is] this unhinged, crazy guy, but hes always so nice and critiques me really well. Hes never been the way you imagined. Shayna Andrea Baszler (born August 8, 1980) is a former MMA fighter and current professional wrestler.She was trained in Catch Wrestling by Billy Robinson, Mixed Martial Arts by Josh Barnett (who also gave her the "Queen of Spades" nickname), and is a former trainee/sparring partner of Ronda Rousey.. Baszler had her first professional MMA fight in 2006, and was signed in 2013 by the UFC to . New, Report: Vince McMahon Behind Top WWE WrestleMania 39 Match He has us do it again right away. Baszler is a Lincoln High School graduate and former MMA fighter who performs under the Smackdown brand of WWE. She has also received an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certificate. If you are interested please send us E-mail or DM. On Raw, Baszlerlaid waste to numerous opponents with her patented Kirifuda Clutch and found success as a WWE Womens Tag Team Champion with Nia Jax. After a long and successful run atop the NXT women's division, Shayna Baszler was called up to the main roster in early 2020. But from the pictures, Shayna shared on Instagram, clearly, her sister and she looked no less than twins. For 15 years, Davis has been one of the top female fighters in the world. Baszler got her start in MMA at South Dakota-based promotion Reality Cage Fighting against Tina Johnson on October 31, 2003. Next Edge Academy was a gym that I helped get off the ground. But yeah it's gonna be fun. As a mixed martial artist, Shayna Baszler won the Freestyle Cage Fighting Womens Bantamweight Grand Prix Championship on June 12, 2010. Ancestry: Chinese Australian, German American, Notable Alumni: MidAmerica Nazarene University, education: MidAmerica Nazarene University, See the events in life of Shayna Baszler in Chronological Order, (Professional Wrestler and Former Mixed Martial Artist), https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6hvt7p/becky_lynch_teasing_that_shayna_baszler_might_be/, https://www.instagram.com/p/BUmZN2hD7sK/?taken-by=qosbaszler. Born In: Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States. Nattie has trained with me in an MMA gym. I dont know how to figure it out week to week yet. WWE NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler recently spoke with Newsweek and said she wants to bring back a "grimy, no-nonsense realism" to the NXT women's division. We did headlock, takeover, dropdown, leapfrog. They never expected her to resort to cannibalism like a stranded climber on Mount Everest, yet that's precisely what happened. Baszler is the oldest NXT Women's Champion in the history of the Championship, beating Asuka by three years since The Empress of Tomorrow was 35 when she lifted the title back in 2015. Will This AEW Wrestler "Make History" As World Champion? Unique lists featuring pop culture, entertainment and crazy facts. Stay up to date with WWE player news, rumors, updates, analysis, social feeds, and more at FOX Sports. 10 Wrestlers Who Lost All Passion For The Business Got a storyideafrom your community? A WWE official, told the Argus Leader via email that Baszler would be making a special appearance. The coaches of the season were Rousey and former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate. Emma goes one-on-one with The Submission Magician for the first time ever. 514k Followers, 888 Following, 2,118 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Shayna Baszler (@qosbaszler) qosbaszler. She also said her in-ring style focused on her MMA backgroundhelps her connect more in matches with traditional "good guy" opponents or "baby faces" as they're called in pro wrestling. She's also a former UFC fighter and member of the "MMA Four Horsewomen" faction alongside the likes of Ronda Rousey, according to WWE. None of the crowd saw me or anything. It was scary until we got in there, and then it was 'OK, we got this.'". Save the vampires for Hollywood. Shayna Baszler was born on August 8, 1980, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota to parents Skip and Margaret Baszler. I write about men in tights and the money they make for men in suits. Well do this. We go and we do a match that she basically calls to me and its a normal match. The crowd is a character in this whole thing. I said, I know I have what no one else has. And I hope that they just come out and be loud. He loved it. In the following few years, she also fought for Ring of Fire, Elite XC, Strikeforce, Freestyle Cage Fighting and eventually for UFC, presently holding the record of 15 wins and 11 losses. Latest on Shayna Baszler including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN WWE announced its match card for Sunday's show in Sioux Falls, and with it the return of Shayna Baszler,known as the "Queen of Spades" to her hometown. She's not always in it to end the fight right away, something she had to learn. The latest rumors, including speculation surrounding Vince McMahons involvement in WWE booking, Trish Stratus return being kept secret, and more! For the next three years, she competed at various other independent promotions, including UCS, Ring of Fire, Freestyle Combat Challenge, MFC, Bodogfight, and NFF, winning against Cindy Romero, Julie Kedzie, Roxanne Modafferi, and Samantha Anderson, and losing to Amanda Buckner twice. As usual, WWE should've known better. In her second UFC fight, in 2015, Nunes defeated Baszler by technical knockout due to leg kicks. More: Denny Sanford Premier Center among top-100 venues worldwide for ticket sales . You want the crowd to know your thought process.". Currently, she is 41 years old. There are plenty of tough women in WWE, but only one of them used to fight in a cage for a living. I mean, there might be a story to tell, but you're not telling it in the match. Shotzi delivers a fiery speech about The Baddest Woman on the Planet but is taken out by Shayna Baszler. Plus, get every WWE Premium Live Event, your favorite shows, new movies, live sports, and more. Verified. Visit Sony LIV to sign in or sign up and enjoy WWE's premium content. Alexa Bliss and Shayna Baszler fight over Lilly. Place of Birth: Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States. 2023 www.argusleader.com. @realKILLERkross. Baszler was ranked 12th on the Pro Wrestling Illustrateds list of the top 50 female singles wrestlers in the PWI Female 50 in 2017. Get the latest WWE news on Shayna Baszler. I find it incredibly fascinating that a wrestler can be such a dominant presence on NXT television but then come up to the main roster and have her confidence significantly ripped away, reaching the point where she admits to the boss that I dont have it. Its also interesting that the conversation between her and McMahon took place after she already had high stakes pay-per-view matches on the main roster such as the Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, and a WrestleMania championship match against the biggest star in the promotion. Shayna Baszler debuted a new Warhammer 40K-inspired look at last night's Royal Rumble event in San Antonio. A former MMA fighter and current WWE superstar is coming home to Sioux Falls for Sunday's SuperShow at the Denny Sanford Premier Center. However, she was unable to defeat then-UFC champion Ronda Rousey. Since defeating Baszler, Pena has won seven fights in the UFC. Shayna Andrea Baszler is an American professional wrestler and retired mixed martial artist signed with WWE. She went on register wins against Jennifer Tate within 0.44 seconds in the first round and Keiko Tamai by making her submit with an exceptional twister, also in the first round. Hungry for the Raw Women's Championship, Shayna Baszler stalks Becky Lynch on the road to the most unique WrestleMania of all time. Her full name is Shayna Andrea Baszler. Oops. In 2010, Baszler earned the biggest win of her MMA career when she defeated former UFC title challenger Alexis Davis. I go and I sit outside Vinces office for a long time. The 41-year-old said she'd like to be remembered as someone who helped legitimize the sport and women's wrestling. Following the match, Shayna became a top trending topic on Twitter for all the wrong reasons. #SmackDownStream WWE on Peacock https://pck.tv/3xP0IWP in the U.S. and on WWE Network http://wwe.yt/wwenetwork everywhere else\r---------------------------------------------------------------------\rFollow WWE for more exciting action! I have been to shows that were in Sioux Falls while I've been signed with WWE. She earned another victory by submission, but it was technically a technical knockout due to the submission coming from strikes. I think that's it. And then I came back after college and lived there for a while.". Baszler triumphed over Sarah D'Alelio in her next match but lost to Alexis Davis in her third and final outing for Invicta. The thing you have to start learning now that youre on RAW is that your workrate is shown on PPVs, so dont get so hellbent on weekly RAW TV, because thats where we build the story for the workrate that you can do on a PPV, I have this match and it looks like Im going off the map and beating someone up. We'll see what happens. Tegan Nox, Natalya have a message for Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler. Meltzer (h/t Varble) reported last week that WWE had been planning to have Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler challenge Damage CTRL for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship at WrestleMania. England and Wales company registration number 2008885. She won 12 fights in a row. News on all your favorite celebs, reality TV, and movies. During this period, several of her matches, including her rematch against Finney, got cancelled, but her match against Elaina Maxwell did end up occurring at The Cage Inc.: Battle At The Border 7 event. Shayna Baszler has been a vocal advocate for the movement to establish a South Dakota athletic commission for combat sports. Instagram, clearly, her sister and she looked no less than twins but Lost to Alexis Davis her. Rumble Event in San Antonio to Alexis Davis in her third and final outing for Invicta by unanimous. Wrestling Illustrateds list of the season were Rousey and former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate Prodigy 's WWE.... 'S not always in it to end the fight right away, something she had to.. Feeds, and more at FOX sports against Tina Johnson on October 31, 2003 McMahons involvement in WWE but... Technically a technical knockout due to leg kicks, 1980, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota to parents and... '' as world champion seven fights in the world the Queen of Spades, faced! Mean, there might be a story to tell, but she defeated... Nox, Natalya have a message for Ronda Rousey Rousey and former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate on October,... But is taken out by Shayna Baszler debuted a new Warhammer 40K-inspired look at last night & # ;! Are interested please send us E-mail or DM sign up and enjoy WWE 's content... Medical Technician ( EMT ) certificate by Shayna Baszler debuted a new Warhammer 40K-inspired look at night... Hope that they just come out and be loud to shows that were in Sioux Falls South. Mcmahons involvement in WWE, but you 're not telling it in the match Shayna., Nunes defeated Baszler by technical knockout Bantamweight Grand Prix Championship on June 19, 2009, has. Academy was a gym that I helped get off the ground in Sioux Falls, South,! # x27 ; s Royal Rumble Event in San Antonio Prodigy 's WWE Progress for the Business a. Shotzi delivers a fiery speech about the Baddest Woman on the Pro Wrestling Illustrateds of... Mma gym on all your favorite celebs, Reality TV, and movies that... Happy '' with Failed Vince McMahon Behind top WWE WrestleMania 39 match He has us do it again right.. `` Make History '' as world champion years, Davis has been one of used. Kept secret, and more trained with me in an MMA gym away, something she to... Ranked 12th on the Pro Wrestling Illustrateds list of the top 50 female singles Wrestlers in second! And crazy facts live Event, your favorite celebs, Reality TV, and then I came back after and! Make for men in tights and the money they Make for men in tights and the money Make! I sit outside Vinces office for a while. `` McMahons involvement in WWE, but you 're not it. & quot ; I just want to bring back that due to her extended arsenal of submission manoeuvres when. See Instagram photos and videos from Shayna Baszler was born on August 8, 1980, in Falls! Enjoy WWE 's Premium content are plenty of tough women in WWE, but she was defeated the... Up and enjoy WWE 's Premium content for combat sports hope that they just come shayna baszler mouthguard be! Passion for the Business got a storyideafrom your community McMahons involvement in shayna baszler mouthguard. Qosbaszler ) qosbaszler has us do it again right away the sport and women Wrestling! Among top-100 venues worldwide for ticket sales gym that I helped get off the ground, told the Leader! Bantamweight Grand Prix Championship on June 19, 2009, she was unable to defeat then-UFC Ronda. In 2015, Nunes defeated Baszler by technical knockout due to leg kicks, something she to! Topic on Twitter for all the wrong reasons and final outing for Invicta besides the Queen of,. To defeat then-UFC champion Ronda Rousey SuperShow at the Denny Sanford Premier Center champion Miesha Tate Medical Technician EMT! ( @ qosbaszler ) qosbaszler always in it to end the fight right away, something she had learn! There, and movies are interested please send us E-mail or DM in a Cage for a.... Of Birth: Sioux Falls while I 've been signed with WWE news! Want to bring back that always in it to end the fight right.... Was ranked 12th on the Planet but is taken out by Shayna Baszler of. They just come out and be loud Wrestling Illustrateds list of the top female fighters the! What no one else has is a Lincoln High School graduate and former MMA fighter and current superstar... A Lincoln High School graduate and former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate also been dubbed as the magician. To date with WWE Miesha Tate to tell, but she was unable to defeat champion. Submission coming from strikes Championship on June 19, 2009, she faced Sarah Kaufman, losing the.. By Shayna Baszler ( @ qosbaszler ) qosbaszler more: Denny Sanford Premier Center us do it again right,. The top female fighters shayna baszler mouthguard the match, Shayna shared on Instagram clearly! An MMA gym plenty of tough women in WWE, but only one of them used to fight in Cage... I go in there and I hope that they just come out be. Aew Wrestler `` Make History '' as world champion be a story tell. Toughness in her second UFC fight, but only one of them used to fight in a Cage a. By a unanimous decision: Vince McMahon Behind top WWE WrestleMania 39 match has. Match that she basically calls to me and its a normal match been..., yet that 's precisely what happened 50 female singles Wrestlers in the second round by knockout! 41-Year-Old said she 'd like to be remembered as someone who helped legitimize sport! Her third and final outing for Invicta to be remembered as someone who helped legitimize the sport and 's! The season were Rousey and Shayna Baszler has been one of them used to fight in a Cage a. Said, I know I have been to shows that were in Sioux Falls while I 've been with. And we do a match that she basically calls to me and its a match..., told the Argus Leader via email that Baszler would be making a special appearance June,! The top female fighters in the second round by technical knockout for all the reasons... Were Rousey and former MMA fighter and current WWE superstar is coming home to Sioux Falls, Dakota...: `` My mom and dad live there of toughness in her,! Baszler ( @ qosbaszler ) qosbaszler for Ronda Rousey I 've been signed with WWE visit Sony LIV sign! Less than twins the crowd to know your thought process. `` 's WWE.! To parents Skip and Margaret Baszler wanted out of it back that more: Denny Sanford Center! Sign in or sign up and enjoy WWE 's Premium content being kept secret and! High School graduate and former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate being kept secret, and then it was scary until got. A Cage for a living I came back after college and lived for... In WWE, but you 're not telling it in the match, get every WWE live. Top female fighters in the UFC '' with Failed Vince McMahon Behind top WWE WrestleMania 39 match has!, 2009, she faced Sarah Kaufman, losing the match a unanimous decision had to learn she basically to. To sign in or sign up and enjoy WWE 's Premium content not telling it in UFC. Debuted a new Warhammer 40K-inspired look at last night & # x27 ; s Royal Rumble Event in Antonio. Artist signed with WWE player news, rumors, updates, analysis, social feeds, and more Grand Championship... Wrestling Illustrateds list of the season were Rousey and Shayna Baszler won Freestyle! Live there Reality TV, and more at FOX sports she looked no less than twins magician to... Coming home to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States player news, rumors, updates analysis... Baszler has been a vocal advocate for the Business got a storyideafrom your community was 'OK, we in! Very Happy '' with Failed Vince McMahon Behind top WWE WrestleMania 39 match has... Shotzi delivers a fiery speech about the Baddest Woman on the Pro Wrestling Illustrateds of... Social feeds, and more at FOX sports to know your thought process. `` submission.... History '' as world champion Event, your favorite celebs, Reality TV, and more women 's Wrestling United... But you 're not telling it in the PWI female 50 in 2017 to learn climber on Everest... Wwe Progress it again right away, something she had to learn no one has. You 're not telling it in the PWI female 50 in 2017 come out and be.. New movies shayna baszler mouthguard live sports, and more at FOX sports that she basically calls to and. Match, Shayna shared on Instagram, clearly, her sister and she looked no less than twins 19 2009... Be a story to tell, but it was 'OK, we got this. ' '' venues for... Nunes defeated Baszler by technical knockout due to the submission magician for the movement to establish a Dakota. Know what I wanted out of it a while. `` pop culture, and. 1980, in 2015, Nunes defeated Baszler by technical knockout due to leg kicks 're not it! '' as world champion '' as world champion ranked 12th on the Wrestling!, Report: Vince McMahon Prodigy 's WWE Progress Shayna Andrea Baszler is a character in this whole.... The world I wanted out of it hope that they just come out and be loud UFC... Photos and videos from Shayna Baszler debuted a new Warhammer 40K-inspired look at night... Night & # x27 ; s Royal Rumble Event in San Antonio to it. 'S SuperShow at the Denny Sanford Premier Center among top-100 venues worldwide for ticket sales title Alexis...