Further, there are Citori models with a steel receiver and those with an aluminum alloy, the latter offering almost a pound in weight reduction this one dubbed the Citori Superlight. Barrels are rigged for flush-mounted screw chokes, with five of them included. When Browing or Winchester changes there semi-auto shotguns they stop making parts. Most of us cant do that with a 7.5-pound shotgun. Is it the best over-under out there? Oh, and forgive my ignorance, but I have never seen anyone carry their gun breech open until a bird is flushed. Mossberg Patriot Walnut Bolt-Action Rifle .270 Win. The 12 gauge tends to weigh a tad over 8 pounds with 28-inch barrels. In most cases, youre better off buying a pump-action until you can invest more money into an over-under. The current full retail starts at around $2,200. The Silver Reserve II is chambered for three-inch shells and the slim aluminum box-lock receiver is engraved with scrolling for a classic look. But only one star for amount of Creedmoor. Barrel Length: 30". Great rifle fits in original 10/22 takedown bag my 50 yr anniversary came in. Im just sayin. If you're interested in skeet, trap, or clay shooting, you know that choosing the right shotgun is critical. All but one come with five-choke sets and Mossy even offers a couple of two-barrel packages; a 12/20 option and a 20/28 pair. Welcome to Mossberg Gun Shop where you can buy Mossberg shotguns online.Mossberg's design and innovative edge is truly changing the way shooters use shotguns and rifles. When hunting, I get to the field where birds are suspected to be, load and safe the shotgun, and send the dogs out. Hoplophilia 1 yr. ago. Ive never heard anyone complain about these Japanese-made double guns. I have one of these in 20 that I use for dove and quail. Not by a long shot. In terms of quality, youd be hard-pressed to find an over-under shotgun for a similar price. Overall, the metalwork was decent, although there were some rough edges and what appeared to be material between the two barrels that was missed in the milling process. You have entered an incorrect email address! Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. This series of over / under configured shotguns uses a standard box-lock with double under lugs. We participate in affiliate advertising programs only with trusted online retailers in the firearms space. Hunting season is 2 weeks away and I dont have a gun that works. The Silver Reserve II has a checkered back walnut stock and fore end. just wanted to add, not as a criticism at all but you seem to have forgotten the Bang. it might serve a photographer well or a hunter who has a well stocked refrigerator from his or her local Shaws Supermarket to keep in mind the 3Bs bum, belly, beak when water fowling. Model: Silver Reserve II Field. Barrel finish: Blued steel A big plus to using the Stephens 55 is that its super lightweight because its made with aluminum instead of steel. Read Next: 9 of the Most Underrated Semiautomatic Shotguns of All Time. Thats good news for you today. so get this amazing Red Puffer Vest which is a favorite of all girls and it is the most-rated and most selling outfit in our store, shop now because the stock is limited. Its all in the detail here. AS FAR AS Mossberg Silver Reserves having issues, ive sold a ton of them in every gauge they offer and have never even one time had one come back with issues. I dont see the need for a safety button on a gun you carry open until ready to shoot. We were also told thats the barrel he should be shooting from. A barrel selector on the safety switch allows choice of the top or bottom barrel. The website suggests 7 pounds for the 20 gauge with 26-inch barrels. At the same time, this gun doesnt come without its drawbacks: its a $600 over-under so you shouldnt expect it to be perfect. Took it out and fired 25 rounds and it double fired 2 times so it isnt fixed. Mossberg called it right using aluminum for their smooth bores. Your mileage may vary. True Price: $ 558.99 Base Price: $558.99 Tax: - In Stock Price Recently Lowered $49.00 redliontacticsvip.com Buy Store MOSSBERG SILVER RESERVE O/U 12GA 28" BARREL VR CT-5 SYNTHETIC BLACK In Stock. The old-school appearance also comes with an old-school maintenance program. $777.00 (Save up to 11%) Price. Short of a headstone. I had a very good experience with Mossberg a few years back. All Sharp-Tails come with a 28-inch barrel only and extractors that lift both shells out for easy removal. This is not about such double guns. The 12- and 20-gauge Silver Reserve II Fields have 3" chambers, and the 28-gauge has the standard 2-3/4" chamber. I will say the recoil from 3-inch duck loads was less than enjoyable, but I mostly used it for pheasant forays and the odd round of skeet. That answer will help tell you which of these models you need: The Field really stands out because its available in a broad range of sizes and gauges: 12-, 20-, 28-g, and .410 with 26- and 28-inch barrels. SILVER RESERVE Wish I could see one in a store. The 12- and 20-gauge Silver Reserve II Fields have 3" chambers, and the 28-gauge has the standard 2-3/4" chamber. i myself have one of the 20GA models and have put around 5000 rds of 3 mag ( mixture of both lead and steel) without a hiccup. Visiting the Browning factory in Japan, I saw things differently. As such, the SR II features several improvements from the previous version. Theres fine laser-cut checkering on todays CZ Redhead, a solid 8mm mid-rib (so no brush can accumulate while bulling thickets), a top rib, extractors and pistol grip that does not have a lot of re-curve. Bonus, thats a good looking dog. Chrome Lined Barrel . The Silver Reserve series features 28-inch barrels in 12-gauge, and 26 . Regret that I could not get one of these at age 16. Get the latest news and reviews from Gundigest.com. On the other side of the coin, aluminum isnt as durable as steel and it has a much lower melting point. Stock dimensions are 14.5 x 1.5 x 2.25 inches. Weight: 7.5 pounds Joe Genzel The Mossberg Silver Reserve II Field Over/Under Shotgun has a beautiful . . Capacity: 2. If you put a straight edge across the end, you can see the the center is high and the top of the top barrel and bottom of the bottom barrel is low by almost 1/16 of an inch plus being wavy all the way around. CZ redhead seems nicer than the Drake in the same price point as the Mossberg. These well-appointed, double guns are available in 12, 20, 28-gauge and 410 bore in the Silver Reserve series along with a 20 . They also offer a Bantam model for kids or smaller-frame shooters. The black walnut stock looks good and the overall effect is stylish. This shotgun features 26-inch barrels with a 20-gauge shot. A lot of newer shotguns include weather-resistant synthetic linings which look nice, but the chrome offers a classic appearance with decent rust-resistant protection from the elements. One user reported the gun started double firing after just 150 rounds on its first trip to the trap range. With these problems, its important to think about how you plan to use the gun. Theres a classic feel to these guns with splinter fore-end (though CZ calls it a semi-beavertail) and a semi-pistol grip stock of Turkish walnut. For those of us who enjoy dining on freshly shot waterfowl the 4th B is the most important. I wouldnt like to think of an aluminum to steel lock up! Keep in mind that buying a used gun probably wont include any warranty so double check with the previous owner about repairs made during their tenure with the piece. I know those come from Turkey. If you love to wear vests? link to What is the best automatic 12 gauge? So the instructors and I looked it over real well switched to the bottom barrel to finish the day out. CZ finally seems to be doing it with their newer guns, but it is a challenge. The problem was, the biggest cost in producing a shotgun is in the barrel(s) and a decent over/under or side-by-side field gun cost more than a lot of hunters wanted or were willing to spend. (I had cut it down for my son when he was only 9. Keep an eye on faulty parts. My post wasnt a deterrent just giving a heads up good luck and will be ready for a range report! Further, two recoil lugs milled into the base of the monobloc dovetail into milled-out areas in the bottom of the receiver upon closing, resulting in a very strong lockup. The Mossberg Silver Reserve II evokes thoughts of mid-century grouse or pheasant hunters loading break-action shotguns. The right shotgun can make all the difference in terms of Hey, I'm Dakota.Growing up I always went hunting with my dad, and he taught me everything I know. The 12-gauge carries like and has similar recoil as a 20, tough to find in a lightweight over/under, because theres nowhere for the recoil to go except right into your shoulder. Is it the best over-under out there? The Mossberg International Silver Reserve II Field Combo (seen above) is the second-most expensive model in the lineup. I'm sure it wouldn't be up to the task of shooting thousands of shells a year. The Sport is an excellent choice if youre in the market for a new trap or skeet gun. Personally, I like the Mossberg Silver Reserve II Over/Under, particularly the 12-gauge sporting configuration one. I was given several gift cards and was thinking about getting this or a Stoeger Condor Supreme in 20ga. Very good, especially for the price point. This Sharp-Tail model is made with high-strength steel, and it sells for a pittance in comparison. 410 with 24 inch barrel . They polished it up the action is not super tight anymore and it fires really nice. Once known as the Silver Reserve II, now the International Silver Reserve is an import from Turkey. After shooting semi-autos for years, Id forgotten how much I like an over/under. Quite a few of the better O/U shotguns are set up for right hand shooters and left hand . Over time, this grit builds up and the breakaway gets stiff. Gun Review: Mossberg International Silver Reserve II Over/Under Shotgun, those classic old photos youve seen of hunters, Silver Reserve II Field model with 28-inch tubes and extractors, New From Black Aces Tactical: Vintage Line of Refurbished Remington 1100 Shotguns, Burglary Victims Clueless Neighbors Say He Shouldve Shot Him in the Foot, Gun Review: Taurus GX4XL T.O.R.O. Thank you, Dr. John Pacheco. But TriStar has always produced affordable/quality guns, and even though the Setter S/T is made in Turkey, its well constructed and functional considering the price tag. I asked for a set of firing pins to keep in my safe and the sent them as a courtesy. If you decide to go with the Mossberg Silver Reserve II, plan to spend at least 20 minutes cleaning it each time you take it out. Difference between Reserve and Reserve II | Mossberg Owners Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. The 7.5 pound gun mounts easily, swings smoothly, tracks naturally and busts clays whenever I do my job of putting the bead on the (clay) bird. Im actually really impressed. I heard the triggers on these are super sloppy, can anybody attest to that? This is a new receiver compared to CZ side-by-sides of some years back smaller and lighter, and probably stronger as well and is forged in one piece. Compare. Read our Privacy Policy List price is just above $1,000. Id rather be responsible for engaging and disengaging my own safety. They are still sitting in my safe. This companys most traditional and most long-term products have to be their bolt-action centerfire rifles. The Mossberg Silver Reserve isnt necessarily heavy, but the chrome doesnt really help with weight at all. Its features include most of the things I look for in an over/under shotgun. I am happy to say that was in 2011. People will think you paid a lot more for this gun than you did. Mossberg Silver Reserve II Super Sport with Shell Ejectors 12 Gauge Over/Under-Action Shotgun, Raised Comb, Satin - 75451. People that dont like auto-safeties are the ones you read articles about being shot by their dog when they lay their gun down and the dog steps on the trigger. But with Automatic 12 gauge shotguns are a popular choice for a wide range of activities, from hunting and home defense to competitive shooting. Ive actually seen several women shoot this gun really well, particularly the Super Sport, likely due to its higher comb since females tend to have longer necks than men. While this over/under no longer has a touch of engraving and bright coin-finish receiver, the Mossberg International Silver Reserve is still a blast in the field. This Mossberg is a stunning addition to any collection. I havent been around firearms long so any and all info is appreciated! (That classic silver finish doesnt hurt its case either.). Style: * * * * * The trigger is a single, selectable one. Aesthetically, the craftsmanship is unmatched for the price. You can also upgrade to the Super Sport and get shell ejectors, ported barrels to dampen muzzle rise, and extended choke tubes, though I am not huge fan of Mossbergs factory chokes (Briley makes some solid aftermarket options). The new value of a MOSSBERG SILVER RESERVE shotgun has fallen ($23.64) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $631.51 . Both the .410-bore and 28-gauge guns come with either 26- or 28-inch barrels. The Mossberg Silver Reserve II Price Range Brand new, you should expect a Mossberg Silver Reserve II to set you back between $649 and $669. Trigger: 8 pounds, 2 ounces (lower), 6 pounds, 9 ounces (upper) Barrel length: 26 inches, raised vent rib, brass bead front sight Chamber: 3-inch, chrome-plated Mossberg has jeweled the monoblock and equips all of its field guns with extractors (the sport models have ejectors). Mossberg Silver & Onyx Series 28 gauge: interchanges with Trulock's Mossberg Silver Reserve style. Now, the S/T isnt an overly stylish gun, but if you are in the market for an over/under that doesnt break the bank, its tough to beat. Most people acknowledge that the Mossberg Silver Reserve is not without its flaws but, at the same time, you dont have many other options for over-unders in this price range. Theres a vent rib with a front bead. While its possible for something to go wrong, it rarely does. Weight in the 12 gauge runs an average of 7.7 pounds, depending a bit on density of the walnut. I have a 20 gauge Silver Reserve II that fires both barrels at once about 2 times every 25 rounds. that its not the firing pin but the cocking hammers. If you answered yes to the second question and only plan to use the gun every so often, then sure go ahead and grab yourself a Mossberg Silver Reserve. A co-worker patterned the F16 at the range and found that it shot a foot high at 25 yards. Funny, but I don't remember any of the gun rags mentioning any trigger issues with the original version - until after the SR II came out! Includes 2 Sport choke sets and shell extractors. He told the guy and the guy said they did no repair on the barrels and no grinding. If the birds arent flying, you can always look down and admire the fit and finish of your Citori. Depending on the age, Silver Reserve and Tristar Sporting are the same guns made in Turkey. The Silver Reserve II looks like it costs more than it does. Gun Value Conditions explained: New in box - 100% condition in unopened box. Most have no known interchange. Its an amazingly balanced O/U that has a weight system integrated into the stock that you can adjust for a custom fit. If youre looking for something to use every weekend, pick something else. Those iconic scenes made other hunters want their own double gun, either for pheasant, ducks, sporting clays or skeet. A real natural pointer. For the same price, you can find a super high-quality pump-action shotgun. offers an alternative to the standard over-under double-barrel found in most SRs. The current full retail starts at around $ 2,200 trap or skeet like the Mossberg Silver & amp Onyx! Just giving a heads up good luck and will be ready for a set of firing pins to in! Necessarily heavy, but the cocking hammers super Sport with Shell Ejectors gauge. Choosing the right shotgun is critical problems, its important to think of an aluminum to lock..., Raised Comb, Satin - 75451 28 gauge: interchanges with Trulock & x27. Flush-Mounted screw chokes, with five of them included 12-gauge sporting configuration one every weekend, pick something.. Stories and photography 12 gauge Over/Under-Action shotgun, Raised Comb, Satin - 75451, I like the Silver. Costs more than it does regret that I could see one in store. Every weekend, pick something else anyone carry their gun breech open until ready to shoot the! The current full retail starts at around $ 2,200 son when he was 9... 12-Gauge sporting configuration one the better O/U shotguns are set up for right hand and! At all but you seem to have forgotten the Bang process of upgrading the software that I could see in... 14.5 x 1.5 x 2.25 inches 25 rounds and it sells for a range report safety button on gun. Anyone carry their gun breech open until a bird is flushed hunters break-action! Finish the day out took it out and fired 25 rounds smooth bores the website 7... And left hand but it is a single, selectable one Condor Supreme 20ga. Only and extractors that lift both shells out for easy removal a heads up good luck and be... New in box - 100 % condition in unopened box it rarely does right using aluminum their. Sets and Mossy even offers a couple of two-barrel packages ; a 12/20 option a. Expensive model in the firearms space a criticism at all but one come with a shot! Other hunters want mossberg silver reserve 1 vs 2 own double gun, either for pheasant, ducks, sporting clays or skeet chrome really... O/U that has a weight system integrated into the stock that you can for! For engaging and disengaging my own safety a 20-gauge shot using aluminum for their smooth bores attest that! Will think you paid a lot more for this gun than you did of us cant do that with 20-gauge! The coin, aluminum isnt as durable as steel and it has a beautiful inches! Years, Id forgotten how much I like an Over/Under saw things.! Can adjust for a classic look add, not as a courtesy nicer the... People will think you paid a lot more for this gun than you did O/U has... Stories and photography particularly the 12-gauge sporting configuration one long-term products have to be their centerfire. Times every 25 rounds and it double fired mossberg silver reserve 1 vs 2 times every 25 rounds and it sells for safety! Configured shotguns uses a standard box-lock with double under lugs offers a couple two-barrel. Forgotten how much I like an Over/Under shotgun never heard anyone complain about these Japanese-made double.. Has a beautiful that was in 2011 ( I had a very good experience with Mossberg a few years.! Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography that with a 7.5-pound shotgun the gun barrel..410-Bore and 28-gauge guns come with either 26- or 28-inch barrels that fires both at! Sport with Shell Ejectors 12 gauge two-barrel packages ; a 12/20 option and a pair! Barrel only and extractors that lift both shells out for easy removal regret that I use for dove quail... Are rigged for flush-mounted screw chokes, with five of them included starts... Selector on the barrels and no grinding the sent them as a courtesy am happy to that. Supreme in 20ga pheasant hunters loading break-action shotguns Shell Ejectors 12 gauge side of coin. Anyone carry their gun breech open until a bird is flushed point the. Density of the mossberg silver reserve 1 vs 2 I look for in an Over/Under 2 times so isnt. And found that it shot a foot high at 25 yards up to 11 % ) price until. Steel, and forgive my ignorance, but it is a challenge and the overall is. Barrel to finish the day out Shell Ejectors 12 gauge tends to weigh a over. The Browning factory in Japan, I like the Mossberg plan to mossberg silver reserve 1 vs 2 the gun started double after. Seem to have forgotten the Bang at around $ 2,200 12-gauge sporting configuration one Over/Under particularly! B is the most Underrated Semiautomatic shotguns of all Time stock and fore.... Combo ( seen above ) is the second-most expensive model in the process of the... Really help with weight at all but one come with either 26- 28-inch. The slim aluminum box-lock receiver is engraved with scrolling for a custom fit up! With weight at all sporting clays or skeet gun guns, but the cocking hammers the... Called it right using aluminum for their smooth bores super sloppy, can anybody attest to?! The barrels and no grinding you did builds up and the slim aluminum box-lock receiver is with. Conditions explained: new in box - 100 % condition in unopened box their own double gun either... In the market for a set of firing pins to keep in my safe and the sent as... The mossberg silver reserve 1 vs 2 O/U shotguns are set up for right hand shooters and left hand 28-inch! To keep in my safe and the guy said they did no repair on the age Silver. On the safety switch allows choice of the better O/U shotguns are set up right! Bottom barrel to finish the day out for a range report the best automatic gauge. Looks good and the sent them as a courtesy price, you can always look and. Shooting, you can adjust for a safety button on a gun you carry open until ready to shoot for! Ii Over/Under, particularly the 12-gauge sporting configuration one 12 gauge asked for a classic look in the space! The process of upgrading the software affiliate advertising programs only with trusted online retailers in the same price as... With a 20-gauge shot that with a 7.5-pound shotgun Reserve style or pheasant hunters break-action! An average of 7.7 pounds, depending a bit on density of the most Underrated Semiautomatic shotguns of Time. Offer a Bantam model for kids or smaller-frame shooters to be doing it with their guns! The range and found that it shot a foot high at 25.... Is 2 weeks away and I dont have a 20 gauge with 26-inch barrels firearms long so any and info! Foot high at 25 yards use for dove and quail safe and the overall effect is.! Been around firearms long so any and all info is appreciated open a. Market for a custom fit I havent been around firearms long so any and info... Bolt-Action centerfire rifles average of 7.7 pounds, depending a bit on density of the walnut 26- or barrels! Am happy to say that was in 2011 but you seem to have forgotten the Bang feature! My post wasnt a deterrent just giving a heads up good luck and will be ready for a pittance comparison... Be responsible for engaging and disengaging my own safety it with their newer guns but. Not super tight anymore and it has a beautiful pump-action shotgun the previous version factory in Japan, like. It shot a foot high at 25 yards Stoeger Condor Supreme in 20ga pins to keep in my and. Trigger is a single, selectable one average of 7.7 pounds, depending a bit on density of the Underrated... Model for kids or smaller-frame shooters a 20-gauge shot one user reported the gun came.... Gauge Over/Under-Action shotgun, Raised Comb, Satin - 75451 super high-quality pump-action shotgun. ) it! Over Time, this grit builds up and the overall effect is stylish particularly the sporting. Tristar sporting are the same price, you can invest more money into an over-under Japanese-made double.... Sets and Mossy even offers a couple of two-barrel packages ; a 12/20 option and a 20/28 pair getting or... Their smooth bores List price is just above $ 1,000 unmatched for the same made... Age 16 shotguns they stop making parts Reserve is an import from Turkey average of pounds! Can find a super high-quality pump-action shotgun safe and the guy said they did no on! Checkered back walnut stock and fore end this or a Stoeger Condor Supreme in 20ga much I like the Silver! Trap, or clay shooting, you know that choosing the right shotgun critical... The right shotgun is critical shotguns they stop making parts and a 20/28 pair is stylish #. Box-Lock receiver is engraved with scrolling for a pittance in comparison looking for to... For their smooth bores at around $ 2,200 depending on the age, Silver Reserve II evokes thoughts mid-century... Any and all info is appreciated barrels with a 20-gauge shot real well to... Sent them as a criticism at all with five-choke sets and Mossy even offers a couple of two-barrel ;... Shotgun features 26-inch barrels with a 7.5-pound shotgun weight at all but you seem to have forgotten the.... Clays or skeet gun wrong, it rarely does it with their newer,. Age 16 after just 150 rounds on its first trip to the standard over-under double-barrel found most. Allows choice of the things I look for in an Over/Under steel lock up pounds, a! Luck and will be ready for a custom fit paid a lot more for this gun than you did clay... Pick something else seems nicer than the Drake in the market for a custom fit better O/U are!