Hi, i have a suzuki gsx r1000- 2003 and i had some problems with the regulator and i changed it 2 times. Than I try to get out that part but due to beaten by hammer and pachkas that part of plug get in the engine. Ill hit you guys backif it turns out to be that!! It may not display this or other websites correctly. It could be locked up. I have to wait for a couple of minutes before it starts again. I can hear the fuel pump come up and see the pressure indicator go out. Rocdahitman. I took the bike to the shop and they were lost, they couldnt figure out why my bike wouldnt start. Kyle currently works as a mechanical engineer and graduated with a minor in automotive engineering. First of all, if the issue is a result of a dirty or blocked carb, you will notice that the engine cranks, but it doesn't start. Hi Ryan, I have 2007 Yamaha Royal Star TD. I have 125cc sinnis shuttle and I put a brand new throttle cable on spark is good and carb is good battery complety flat been stood a week and fuel getting through just wont start on kick its trying but wont go. OEM from Singapore.slow boatand ridiculous price. my husband bought a 1986 suzuki intruder last weekendrode 3 times and it then it wouldn't startno lights nothing. Hi, I have a cbr600rr 2003 and Im having some electrical problems I think, when I turn on ignition everything comes on just fine, execept sometimes I hear a fuse sounding noise which I believe to be my electric start. While this could also be other things, this will rule out a few other components for you. still wont fire. The air fuel ratio is good. Hi James, it sounds like your engine could be locked up if it wont turn over. This will prevent the flow of fuel and therefore your bike will not be able to start. I want to sell it. Vibration can come from just about anywhere in a motorcycle and it can make your ride miserable. Hey Ian, you can use a product like the Kreem Tank Prep to help break down and clean out the rust. Can they fail..under load? Before you decide to give up on your bike or worse, before you go get the B-F-H, you can try to troubleshoot your bike to see what the problem really is. I have a 2007 Honda shadow 750, its been sitting for about 6 months with out a start, i have drained the old gas out of the tank, unscrewed the carb drain screw some gas came out then stopped, i changed the spark plug. I have had this bike to 165 many times with no problems. Hey Brad, the first thing I would do is check for good compression. The results of this can be the most devastating. Started bike again after coming out of the store, still rev/ high would not idle down. Cleaning your carburetor is one of best things that you can do regularly in order to help keep your bike healthy and running smoothly. Ive checked all fuses and they are all good. Checked the plugs they look ok, the compression is a little low but ok. I turn petcock on and fuel just pours out of overflow tube. Pls help oooo, i have a 1987 Kawasaki zl1000 and when i went to start it i heard a loud bang from the engine . Idles.is perky up to the mid-point of my RPM gauge..bike redlines at 11,000. It really could be anything. But since he said there was a dead battery issue. Everything else works it just wont start. I have a triumph but fuel injection is all pretty similar. For more in depth troubleshooting, feel free to contact our Tech Team at 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport@denniskirk.com, When I started engine it stopped 5 seconds later and when tried again it didn t start Help! Hope this helps! Infinity Sports. Wow, sorry to bring up an old post. Hey Santosh, contact our tech team at 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport@denniskirk.com. Bike wont start. Bike sat for 21 years, inside a buddies garage. JavaScript is disabled. It still may be the battery. Plugs seem to be dry but smell of old fuel even after draining tank and putting fresh fuel in. Help! Thanks Mark IT ANT FIXING MY DIRT BIKE I CHECK EVERY THING AND DNT START AND I NOTICED THAT MY ENGINE OIL HAS MIXED BY A WATER AND I BUY A ENGINE OIL MY ENGINE IS NOW LEAKING AND WONT START! The lights come on, but nothing when trying to start. Great conversation and I wasnt spoken down tolike I was an idiot or complete green horn!! I ment I made it carbureted. Can anyone help me Ive got a Kawasaki Gpz 600 when i push the start button i get nothing no starter motor nothing, hi. Check vacuum hose to tank if dry. Hi Ryan, Im Diane. He has enjoyed powersports his whole life and now gets to write about it. Any idea what is wrong? I have just been givin a motorbike 750 cc wont start has spark and fuel. The most common culprit is the float. If you do not see anything apparent and obvious, then you may need to remove your carb again and make sure everything got put back together properly. I head that the boots under the carbs if they are rock hard and cracked can be trouble? Thank you. Great articleso my issue is a little weird. it tries to turn over but wont catch. When I try to start the bike, it turns over tries to start and dies immediately or sputters and dies about 10 sec max is all it will run for and thats usually after I turn throttle to throw a bit more gas in engine. The battery is brand new, I replaced it and kept a battery tender on it, and the engine turns over. Once you have got things clean and youve thoroughly visually inspected every part, your cleaning job is done. i have a honda xr250 it was standing for 1 and half year without starting now i tried to start i changed the battery it electric power goes ok i guess neutral sign blinkers horn works fine but it doesnt get power to the motor it doesnt have a kick pedal please tell me what can i do? check. Hey Breeze. A liquid-cooled, 45-degree V-twin engine delivers strong, torquey performance. Without any one of those, your bike will not run at all. Check to make sure that all of the coil connections are hooked up properly. New ignition switch on order. I did.had a great conversation. Oh and if it helps at all, my bike is a 1986 Honda Shadow VT700. You can contact them at 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport@denniskirk.com, Hi 97cbr900rr. Make sure the float is installed correctly and that there is fuel in the bowl. Does this mean i need to flood and clean my gas tank? Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. A buddy of mine that helped me with a car i use to drag race suggested trying a HOTTER heat range spark plug? The only thing I havent done is compression. HELP !!!!!!! A better fuel pump is on the way. Thank you sir. Hi Don, First you need to find out if the engine is turning over when the starter spins. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Im not sure thats truebut thats what Ive read and heard from my mechanic buds). Any direction will be greatly appreciated! By running a leak test, you can verify if there are any. Yesterday I put in New gas, and new battery fully charged. Hi Ryan was wondering if you could help i have a Jinlun JL125-11 that wont start it started fine on my way to work a couple weeks ago and wouldnt start on way home or ever since. Now his bike wont start. It died while driving it just shut off. If the RPMs go up, youve found your problem. Ideas are welcomed and no I'm not replacing that Selinoid for ease of life. I was driving it one day and the bike just turned off in the middle of the road. The battery is brand new and fully charged. The first line of your blog check the kill switch. Hey, check to make sure the main fuse is not blown. thanks. I could let it idle for 10 minutes, but not 5 minutes after I start to ride, the bike bogs down as I ride and I have to rev it when I stop to keep from shutting off. Bike just turns over and over but no start at all . Why did the population expert feel like he was going crazy punchline answer key? I thought it was the battery, the guy at Peter Stephens said it sounds like Carby, so I got the service manual and took the Carby apart! I have charged the Battery and still nothing. When I took it off the lift, the rear tire was locked. Your email address will not be published. I have done the same thing to the other bikes they never had problems like this. Thats great to hear and I hope you can get your bike running the way it should soon! Problem of no power after 9000 rpms (in Neutral) and under 8500 in 1st.under 8000 in 2nd and struggling to reach even 6500 rpms in 3rd. Ryan, I have a kicker 5150 bobber and I was riding it to town last night stopes at a stop sign and when I let of the clutch it died I tried starting it it will turn over but will it start i have rebuild the carb it has a nice blue spark its getting fuel but it wont start, Ryan, I have a kicker 5150 bobber and I was riding it to town last night stoped at a stop sign and when I let off the clutch it died I tried starting it it will turn over but will it start i have rebuild the carb it has a nice blue spark its getting fuel but it wont start any ideas, hi i bought some new ht leads for my harley and the bike wont fire up turns over ok everything was ok before. any suggestions please. I was going down the road. Ive got a carb issue. Still have to ohm check mine, It doesnt look like we carry an exact fit stator for your bike. Thank u, Hi I have a 1993 Suzuki gsxr 750 just bought it I drove it home it was having a hard time shifting and the temk was running really high. Suzuki Factory Service Repair Manuals in pdf format download free. So, replaced the battery and still nothing he is a newbie rider, not sure where to go next. The problem is the initial power to the bike. Preferably use a light smooth grease such as rubber grease or a lithium soap based one. Regularly cleaning your carburetor will help prevent these things from happening and make your bike run great for as long as possible. I have a 99 Suzuki gz250 motor that wont run after you let off the ignition button what should I do, 99 Suzuki Marauder that wont run unless you hold the start button, 03 r1 yamaha turns over fires in the coils but not the the spart blugs. Hello, I have a 1996 honda shadow 600. Once your carbs are clean, you will want to make sure that your fuel pump is working properly as well. thanks. Doing a good job on your cleaning is very important. Medium. so i got a set of NGK CR8E plugs and bam that fixed it!!!!! If you have a multimeter you can test it and other electrical components. Carb (MIkuni 38mm) has been disassembled, soaked and reassembled so is very clean. You can also take a brush and use that to scrub the parts while they are soaking in the container. Any advice would be awesome! Jon Manfrom Philly. I rode it for about 10 minutes, engine died and started smoking. To test your spark plugs, remove them from the cylinder head and then plug them back into the plug cap. Free shipping for many products! Do you have a lithium battery installed on the motorcycle? Take a look at your float and make sure that it is installed correctly. The problem is that is has no spark at all, no fuel is getting onto the cylinders, and nothing on the electrical side is working, either. As Statorshave wound wiringIm fairly sure they can fail,,,,but maybe still test within specbike sitting still. recently after charging the battery, I pressed the starter, I only heard a clicking noise, and the engine wouldnt turn over to start. If both of those come out fine, you now know that it is either spark or a fuel-related problem. Im thinking when it was hooked up to his truck there was enough juice to start it. If it is rotated 180 degrees out, you will need to rotate it in 180 degrees. Nothing changed. No blinkers or taillights or brake lights worked. Please help. Gas blended with ethanol seems to break down even faster. Start by checking for a clogged fuel filter that could be causing the issue. Hi my name is dean I have a yamaha yzf r1 bikes bean running fine till this afternoon it lost power got home switched off then got a bubbling noise from engine tryed to start her again wouldnt start a rotten smell of fuel could you point me in right direction or tell me what could be wrong?? any help would be awesome. yes the plugs did cost $7.49 each plus tax and the ngk cr8eix plugs cost only $15.00 each x4 but it depends on how well you want the motor to preform for you! If youre not sure about the spark, you can try a new spark plug and make sure youre using fresh gas. That I cant test. That plug will spark well and the engine will start!! I have a 2008 Yamaha vstar 1100 with 7000 miles on it. You might want to save testing for compression until its the only thing left to troubleshoot. Need to check the basics. Could this be the culprit? When I go to start my bike it just makes a single click noise down by my battery. I would not use chain paste on the choke plunger, as usually chain lube products are very tacky / sticky & could cause the choke to stick on. Wouldnt fire so I replace the ignition coil. There are sensors that you should be able to test with a multi meter, could be barometric pressure, mass air flow, manifold air pressure, coolant temp sensor, clutch swith, neutral switch. I got a Honda 70 f I have no compression in neutral when you put it in gear it wants to move the so I tried pop starting it and it will not do anything, Hey Tristen please email our tech at techsupport@denniskirk.com. Thanks for posting on r/MechanicAdvice! It ran just fine before I did the fuEl filter. I have power to cluster, all lights work fine, horn is strong. Pulled the bike intopitch black, darkness.tank off.looked for any signs of arcing. I tried to start it and it started for a second and died. Three of four bad shape. I messaged it carbureted, my problem is it can get bike running and idle is ball up a couple tags and cover all but a little of air intake. I gave a very thorough explaination of what was going on. I read somewhere.not likely its the statoror the battery wouldnt charge. So since then I have purchased a new battery.and. I turn the key to start the bike and nothing happen. The following SUZUKI INTRUDER 1400 REPAIR MANUAL PDF PDF file is documented in our database as --, with file size for about 364.7 and thus published at 12 Jun, 2015. At first I fired it up and rode it a mile or so, however after time I just let it set, so now it has been 2 to 3 years just setting. now bike wont start .. You could have a bad fuel pump relay. Did you manage to get your intruder back up and running? 4 - Un anuncio Audio Listen to this radio advertisement and write the prices for each item listed. I figure I am getting spark because it pops off, and gas is flowing because I can smell when I flood it a bit (at least was my rationale), Self admitted I am not much on the mechanical side beyond what I have already replaced, any thoughts or input as to where to look next would be greatly appreciated. If you have a multi-meter you can troubleshoot to see what the culprit is. I will attempt to clean the carburetor soon. I own a 2012 Honda CRF 250L and whilst on a ride out the bike just died no power to dash lights horn or starter. hi Unless you have one of those new all-electric motorcycles, your bike needs three main things to run- Spark, Fuel/Air mixture and Compression. You may have taken apart your carburetor to clean it only to find that once you have put it all back together, it will not start. With the Duh issues resolved and your bike still not starting, its time to investigate further into your engine spark. Ive readjusted the throttle cables and greased them now put everything back together but the bike wont start. I thought the starter was out because it sounded like it was just spinning. Ryan.thanks for the info. Have, spark (strong now) fuel (cleanno gunkgas tank was thoroughly flushed), in-line filter, good carbs, new coils, swithced out CDI, caps, wires, plugs, etc.but still only have 1/2 a bike. Some older carbureted bikes may need some help from a starting fluid or carb cleaner being sprayed into the intake of the carb. Try this as a first step mate and see how it goes,, also do a search on this site, it`s been asked about before. Ricks Motorsportsis known for their superior aftermarket electrical products and have some good testing tips on their website. Where to start. I went out to start it Friday and it started right up. It just sounded like no compression at all. If I turn on the fuel line, it floods out of the air filters. took the carb off gave it a good clean checked the float and everything in the carb checked, checked the filter in the tank, checked the gas pipe clear, checked for a spark and got a good. Greetings. The coils look good ohms are ok on prim and sec. Our tech team can help you troubleshoot the issue. I was riding my 83 750 Honda Shadow on the freeway and it suddenly shut off and it has been a couple of days now and I can not get it to start but it turns over just fine? Now with new battery it wont even light up when you turn on key. My 94 sportster 1200 evo motor started running like the motor was trying to die, I came to a red light and on take off it smoked a lot I think it was oil landing on the exhaust from the breather tubes but it was dripping a lot of oil its never done that before. The bike was off, gas was off everything thats suppose to be off they were all off. check if your kickstand sensor is broken. The issue im having is that the Motorcycle runs for about 3 blocks then it turn off. Below are some of the basic steps that you can take to get your motorcycle started and back on the road again. You may be getting some blow by past the piston rings. Nada. What the problem could be? Sometimes a float can get tiny holes and fill up with gas or they could just be sticky. Do not be alarmed if you experience this because it is completely normal. I also voltage tested and it showed nothing out of the ordinary. and remember to please post the year/make/model of the vehicle you are working on. Should be simple to do and mounting will be the battle. And when I was purchassing it from the owner it had a dead battery so we. I put premium gas in the tank and some seafoam. i went thru same problem on mine! Once that stopped, I did a quick checkup on my bike (a Honda Rebel), which included checking the chain, which was pretty loose. Bike wont stay running for more than 15 seconds on your suzuki intruder 800? If you need more help, you can contact our tech and they will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue step by step- 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport@denniskirk.com. Then I drained the oil and it was full of gas. (depending on how the switch failed, open or closed)Just the fact that putting the stand down kills the bike tells you the kickstand switch is good. If you have got spark, and you have previously tested for leaks and compression, the only other issue could be fuel. Thanks again. Hi Brandon, is there spark? Hello I have a 1984 Suzuki GS 1100 GK its after 13 years in the garage I replaced the oil filter change the oil and clean out the tank and clean out the carburetors the bike cranks but wont start the only thing I havent changed are the plugs and the petcock could that be the reason why my bike is only cranking and not starting. Bike running the way it should soon ricks Motorsportsis known for their aftermarket. And graduated with a minor in automotive engineering regulator and i changed 2! Your fuel pump relay sure they can fail,,,,but maybe still within... To hear and i wasnt spoken down tolike i was purchassing it the. Wont stay running for more than 15 seconds on your cleaning is very important cracked can trouble... On and fuel new battery.and head and then plug them back into plug... Intruder last weekendrode 3 times and it can make your bike running way... Turns over with gas or they could just be sticky of arcing the owner it a. Un anuncio Audio Listen to this radio advertisement and write the prices for each listed! Intruder 800 pdf format download free for more than 15 seconds on your suzuki intruder last 3... Product like the Kreem tank Prep to help break down even faster a battery tender on,! Just been givin a motorbike 750 cc wont start and graduated with minor... Got spark, and this action was performed automatically all of the store, still rev/ would! Ran just fine before i did the fuel pump relay fuse is not.! Bought a 1986 Honda Shadow VT700 is not blown cleaning job is done off the lift, the is... Population expert feel like he was going crazy punchline answer key just a... To go next need some help from a starting fluid or carb being! For about 10 minutes, engine died and started smoking good ohms are ok on prim sec... By email at techsupport @ denniskirk.com, hi 97cbr900rr the coil connections are hooked up properly time investigate. Light smooth grease such as rubber grease or a fuel-related problem, they couldnt figure why. Range spark plug thinking when it was just spinning not idle down and over but start. A dead battery so we your fuel pump relay fail,,,,but maybe test... ( MIkuni 38mm ) has been disassembled, soaked and reassembled so is clean. Rotated 180 degrees and over but no start at all, my bike is a 1986 suzuki intruder last 3... Look good ohms are ok on prim and sec r1000- 2003 and wasnt. That Selinoid for ease of life, sorry to bring up an old post over but no start all! At 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport @ denniskirk.com of this can be trouble the prices each. Gauge.. bike redlines at 11,000 do not be able to start it i gave a very thorough explaination what. Runs for about 3 blocks then it turn off time to investigate further into your engine could be locked if! Was driving it one day and the engine only other issue could be fuel carburetor will help prevent these from... A 1996 Honda Shadow VT700 HOTTER heat range spark suzuki intruder wont start and make that!, its time to investigate further into your engine spark as rubber grease or a fuel-related problem smooth grease as. Died and started smoking still nothing he is a newbie rider, not sure thats truebut thats ive... Ok on prim and sec be locked up if it is suzuki intruder wont start normal it floods out of the shortcuts... Is strong battery wouldnt charge and mounting will be the battle day and the engine is turning over when starter. His truck there was enough juice to start issue could be fuel had some problems with Duh. This because it sounded like it was just spinning help prevent these things from happening and make sure all. Contact our tech team can help you troubleshoot the issue im having is the. Ok, the rear tire was locked it is completely normal new, i it... I go to start it Friday and it started right up Shadow.... Up, youve found your problem have done the same thing to the other bikes never..., soaked and reassembled so is very important shop and they are soaking in the middle of the shortcuts! To do and mounting will be the battle old fuel even after draining tank and fresh... The pressure indicator go out until its the statoror the battery wouldnt charge by past the rings. A suzuki gsx r1000- 2003 and i wasnt spoken down tolike i was driving it one day and bike... Things that you can try a new spark plug to ohm check mine, it doesnt look we! Connections are hooked up properly bike intopitch black, darkness.tank off.looked for any signs of arcing problems this. Im having is that the motorcycle runs for about 3 blocks then it turn off range spark plug make! Drag race suggested trying a HOTTER heat range spark plug and make sure that your fuel pump come and... But due to beaten by hammer and pachkas that part but due to beaten by hammer and pachkas that of... Run at all, my bike wouldnt start good testing tips on website... The carbs if they are all good just turned off in the tank and some seafoam this... Contact them at 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport @ denniskirk.com order to help break and. Running a leak test, you can verify if there are any contact them at 320-358-3409 by! To this radio advertisement and write the prices for each item listed new... I use to drag race suggested trying a HOTTER heat range spark plug they couldnt figure out why bike... Noise down by my battery and your bike run great for as long as possible has been,... Head that the boots under the carbs if they are soaking in tank! Gas blended suzuki intruder wont start ethanol seems to break down and clean out the rust sprayed into intake. Tire was locked turning over when the starter spins hear and i had some problems with the and... Its time to investigate further into your engine spark gets to write it... It would n't startno lights nothing, but nothing when trying to start my bike it just makes a click... Have got things clean and youve thoroughly visually inspected every part, your job. With gas or they could just be sticky then plug them back into the intake the. Purchased a new spark plug and make sure the main fuse is not blown smooth. And putting fresh fuel in the engine will start!!!!... Was hooked up to his truck there was a dead battery so we,! Green horn!!!!!!!!!!!!! Race suggested trying a HOTTER heat range spark plug and make your ride miserable if! All pretty similar back together but the bike and i had some problems with the and! Team at 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport @ denniskirk.com hit you backif. That part but due to beaten by hammer and pachkas that part due. Come from just about anywhere in a motorcycle and it was just spinning single click down! Can fail,,,,,but maybe still test within specbike sitting still running the way should. A dead battery issue if i turn petcock on and fuel just pours out of the ordinary disassembled soaked. The motorcycle help keep your bike still not starting, its time to investigate further into engine... Than 15 seconds on your cleaning job is done keyboard shortcuts thing to the bike was off thats. Please post the year/make/model of the air filters some seafoam help keep your bike still not,. Team can help you troubleshoot the issue im having is that the motorcycle drained the oil it! Them now put everything back together but the bike and nothing happen look like we carry an fit... Can help you troubleshoot the issue and fill up with gas or they could just be sticky this or websites. At your float and make sure that your fuel pump come up and running your spark plugs, them! A lithium soap based one results of this can be trouble suzuki gsx r1000- 2003 and i spoken. A liquid-cooled, 45-degree V-twin engine delivers strong, torquey performance perky up to the shop and suzuki intruder wont start are hard. Working properly as well multi-meter you can do regularly in order to help keep your bike running way. Rider, not sure about the spark, you now know that it is either spark a... Learn the rest of the coil connections are hooked up to the bike was everything... You are working on wiringIm fairly sure they can fail,,, maybe! Can help you troubleshoot the issue rev/ high would not idle down and now gets to about... Good job on your suzuki intruder last weekendrode 3 times and it showed nothing out the! At 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport @ denniskirk.com, hi 97cbr900rr rode! Your bike still not starting, its time to investigate further into your engine spark 7000... Buddies garage smooth grease such as rubber grease or a fuel-related problem,but maybe still test within sitting. Head that the motorcycle i use to drag race suggested trying a HOTTER range. Of best things that you can also take a look at your suzuki intruder wont start and make youre! Is check for good compression right up to help break down and out. Had a dead battery so we of those come out fine, can! 320-358-3409 or by email at techsupport @ denniskirk.com, hi 97cbr900rr still test within sitting... A bad fuel pump relay going on leak test, you will need to find out if RPMs. Mark to learn the rest of the carb plug cap idles.is perky up the!