It's a small business, so you normally ask your friends or friends of friends where the best place to live is. After graduation, it took me about 8 years to get to Milwaukee with four stops along the way. Quotation [14] = " 'FTVLive's Scott Jones one of the Most Important Media Reporters in America'- Mediaite" Jul 2021 - Present1 year 8 months. Gloninger, a former firefighter, was on the scene and helped direct rescuers to a man who was trapped atop his car after driving into the flood waters in Spring early Monday morning. When New York is in town, it's tough going against your home team - but if the Brewers pull off a win, I can't say I'm disappointed. I made a short stop in Albany as the weekend morning meteorologist the economy crashed; the station went bankrupt and discontinued the weekend shows where I was meteorologist. I've covered the aftermath of an EF-4 tornado. var Quotation=new Array() // do not change this! My goal is to make sure that the information we share is accurate and easy to understand. Then I was really lucky, and was given the opportunity to come to Milwaukee. // ====================================== While at WISN, Chris met his wife, Cathy, and was married in Milwaukee just before coming to necn. In all, 200 city employees spread salt and push powder when the flakes fly.. He moved to several more stations before joining WISN in 2013; he was honored there with a Regional Emmy Award for Best Newscast in 2015. Gloninger stands at a height of approximately 5 feet, 8 inches. . Chris began his career at WHEC in Rochester, New York, where he salso taught Intro to Meteorology at Monroe Community College. Quotation [19] = " 'FTVLive.com, a prominent television industry website' - Lexington Herald Leader" "You just start floating. From spring we have made it to Conroe Texas. Chris began his career at WHEC in Rochester, New York, where he salso taught Intro to Meteorology at Monroe Community College. Gloninger also interned at several stations including WABC in New York and NOAA in Upton, NY. I am honored to continue the long legacy of weather leadership at KCCI. Chris Rock will hit back the way he does best - on stage. Quotation[5] = "'FTVLive was the first site to break the Jay Leno story' - KNX Radio"; Years of service. United States Navy. He was also sent to cover two EF4 tornados, which hit Washington, Illinois and Rochelle, Illinois. Quotation[10] = "'The statement from New York-based NBC was in response to a report on the FTVLive' - Bloomberg"; Police and court records indicate that on June 21, Danny H. Hancock, 63, of Lenox, began sending emails to Chris Gloninger, the chief meteorologist for KCCI, Channel 8 News, in Des Moines. KCCI in Des Moines announced that Gloninger will lead KCCI Storm Team 8 as the stations new Chief Met. When Hurricane Bob hit Chris' hometown, Sag Harbor, New York, he immediately developed an interest in the weather. Chris will deliver life-saving information when storms threaten central Iowa. Sailboats washed up onto the beaches, trees toppled over, and we were without power for a week. Us @2023 FTVLive LLC At WNEM in Saginaw, MI, Chris received an Emmy nomination for his coverage of the 2010 Michigan floods. Christina Cave, a volunteer coordinator, was running the PNG Center, where Stephen Johnson answered a call to help. All rights reserved. Quotation [18] = " 'FTVLive is the Most Incrediable thing in our Business' - i24News" // Copyright 2004 by CodeLifter.com Find out what that is as two New York expats talk about weather in Milwaukee in this latest installment of Milwaukee Talks. 23 talking about this. Gloninger earns an annual salary ranging between $40,000 $ 110,500. CG: Not really. It is therefore not known when he celebrates his birthday. Most recently, the band contributed tracks to a UK vinyl/CD tribute to the Redskins and collaborated on a track with Italian novelist Enrico Remmert. He stayed. CG: My biggest stumble was with the fog during Summerfest. When Hurricane Bob hit Chris hometown, Sag Harbor, New York, he immediately developed an interest in the weather. Contact Editor Kathie Obradovich for questions: info@iowacapitaldispatch.com. As soon as I was done interviewing: the cab driver, hotel concierge and waiter all were wishing me luck. Gloninger has broad experience forecasting during snowstorms, hurricanes, and severe weather events. // To add more quotations, continue with the While at WISN, Chris met his wife, Cathy, and was married in Milwaukee just before coming to necn. OMC: Ive noticed that whatever the forecast is, you deliver it with a smile. He has published three non-fiction books in Italy including one about an event in Milwaukee history, which was published in the U.S. in autumn 2010. His leadership of our weather team will ensure that viewers will have the accuracy they expect from Storm Team 8. Chris is not just a weather expert, he has a deep understanding of how weather impacts all of our lives, said KCCI News Director Allison Smith. Quotation[4] = "'FTVLive a TV news website that is often on the money' - LA Times"; Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. He's also seen several other cars get stuck in the high water, and observed several people being rescued from area homes. His career has stretched from the Midwest, at KCCI-TV sister Hearst Television station WISN-TV in Milwaukee to the East Coast at WBTS-TV in Boston. Chris Gloninger Chief Meteorologist News Team Connect As with most meteorologists, Chris Gloninger became interested in weather when Hurricane Bob hit his hometown of Sag Harbor, NY. 2006-2012. Ed Wilson at TV 13 has been here since the 1980s. How old is Gloninger? He received his bachelor's degree in Meteorology at Plymouth State University. function showQuotation(){document.write(Quotation[whichQuotation]);} Gloninger is married to Cathy. Viewers count on Storm Team 8 for weather information they can plan their lives around. He also serves on the American Meteorological Societys certification board, where he evaluates weather forecasters from across the country. Husband to Cathy. You just keep practicing, keep trying, eventually you're going to get itthat's how I felt when I was applying to jobs." . After graduating from Plymouth State University, Gloninger began his career at WHEC Rochester, N.Y. For example, during the summer, there is a ridge to the west of Milwaukee which you would never be able to see by looking at it with the naked eye (so) if we have a westerly wind often times Milwaukee can be a couple degrees warmer than Waukesha. "I should be here in a car, right?". In 2023, Chicago Fire FC will have another promising American goalkeeper in net as Naperville native Chris Brady joins the MLS club, hoping to follow in the footsteps of Gabriel Slonina, who now pl Hurricane Bob made landfall just east of my hometown on Eastern Long Island. googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1597166322662-mid-article-2'); }); OMC: Have you had a few stumbles along the way, learning the unique qualities of weather around here? As evacuations continue in parts of Texas, NBC Boston Meteorologist Chris Gloninger and photographer Cary Patton, continue to follow the stories of residents who are impacted by the devastating floods. He and his photographer were driving down the road when they noticed a man on the roof of his car and yelled to him to see if he needed help. His career has stretched from the Midwest, at Hearsts WISN Milwaukee to the East Coast at WBTS Boston. Another Good Samaritan wearing waders came along and helped the man swim to the curb. He will make his on-air debut as Chief Meteorologist on July 6. Iowans value integrity in their government. Born in Brooklyn, N.Y., where he lived until he was 17, Bobby received his BA-Mass Communications from UWM in 1989 and has lived in Walker's Point, Bay View, Enderis Park, South Milwaukee and on the East Side. As far as a social scene, I enjoy hanging out on Brady Street. Gloninger brings a new style and enthusiasm to forecasting the weather, which affects the lives of all who ignore it. Previously, Chris worked at WISN in Milwaukee, where he won an Emmy for his winter storm coverage and several Wisconsin Broadcasters Association Awards - one, which also received an Emmy nomination, covered the icebreaker Mackinaw on an 18-hour operation in the Straits of Mackinaw to free a freighter carrying road salt to replenish Milwaukees critically depleted supply. The couple married in April 2016. June 11, 2021 / Scott Jones. Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Chris Gloninger will lead Hearst-owned CBS affiliate KCCI Des Moines, Iowas Storm Team 8 weather team. 2023 www.desmoinesregister.com. 1. Gloninger is resurfacing a long way from Bean Town. Im also happy to be back closer to family and friends in the Midwest, said Gloninger. CG: Professionally that's all I have forecasted for: Rochester, Albany, Saginaw and Milwaukee are very similar when it comes to forecasting they're all influenced by the Great Lakes. Our stories may be republished online or in print under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. With his most recent band, The Yell Leaders, Bobby released four LPs and had a songs featured in episodes of TV's "Party of Five" and "Dawson's Creek," and films in Japan, South America and the U.S. The attorneys for seven Black former Hawkeye football players have dismissed Kirk Ferentz (head football coach), Brian Ferentz (offensive coordinator), Chris Doyle (former strength and conditioning coach) and Gary Barta (athletics director) as defendants "without prejudice." Gloninger, who is currently withWBTS-TV in Boston, will step into the role July 6. When I got my first job in Rochester, it was with the understanding that I could go back to graduate with my class. ChrisGloninger will be the new chief meteorologist at KCCI, the Des Moines-based television station announced Thursday. MATT Hancock rejected Chris Whitty's advice to test "all people going into care homes" as Britain was hit by the Covid pandemic. "We had to leave at 2 o'clock in the morning on a minutes notice. The water was above my head," said Jenni Etgen. After graduating, his career began at WHEC and he also taught Intro to Meteorology at Monroe Community College. WE L. Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Chris Gloninger will lead KCCI Storm Team 8, central Iowas most trusted weather team. In the afternoon, Gloninger met with volunteers who were out helping storm victims. Chris Gloninger to Lead KCCI Storm Team 8 as Chief Meteorologist, STACEY: WE HERE AT KICC ARE WELCOMING A NEW MEMBER TO OUR STORM TEAM 8. WELCOME CHRIS. _taboola.push({flush: true}); DES MOINES, Iowa Certified Broadcast Meteorologist Chris Gloninger will lead KCCI Storm Team 8, central Iowa's most trusted weather team. It's to protect the integrity of the dam," said John Etgen. CG: Sure! National outlets, mobile apps and websites often times take raw data and turn it into a forecast because they don't have the time to make individual forecasts for Waldo or Waterford just two random examples. Is that a sign of how much you love your job? if(window.ImageLoader) window.ImageLoader.bootstrap({}, document);Squarespace.afterBodyLoad(Y); FTVLive told you that NBC Boston Meteorologist Chris Gloninger was leaving the NBC O&O. Lieutenant. Gloninger has also enclosed all different types of weather including EF 4 tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes, historic ice floes, and Noreasters. Gloninger received a bachelors degree in meteorology at Plymouth State University. In many areas of Houston's suburbs, flood waters are up to the top of area homes. "If they want to, they can stay. Most had to leave behind everything. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. It's within a walk from my place on the East Side. While in college, he worked two internships-one at the National Weather Service in New York and then at WABC in New York. Are we going to a Mets-Brewers game this year? He was also ordered to pay $76 in court costs and surcharges. You need to make mistakes and learn how to talk through a verbal stumble without missing a beat on live television. He moved to several more stations before joining WISN-TV in 2013; he was honored there with a Regional Emmy Award for Best Newscast in 2015. Police are investigating, he wrote. Gloninger said, "The rain continued to fall heavily through the overnight. OMC: When you go out, do you get recognized yet? NBC Boston meteorologist Chris Gloninger is reporting live from Texas as the state braces for additional flooding after being battered by Hurricane Harvey over the weekend. All rights reserved, Tracking the Next Hit of Wintry Weather Headed to New England, Due Late Week, Berlin Man Killed After Losing Control of Truck, Crashing in New Hampshire River, When Man Lost Almost $16K to Check Washing Scheme, He Called NBC10 Boston for Help, Maine's Ogunquit Beach Rated One of the Top 10 in America. . It's easy to be scared in those situations, but keeping a stiff upper lip and a smile can help the viewers get through a difficult situation. 158 comments 40 shares. "It's honestly heartbreaking," she said. Johnson and his wife were one of hundreds who stood in line Wednesday morning to lend a helping hand. Having people come up to me is a perk of the job. Des Moines, Iowa, United States. He's worked at stations inRochester, New York and in Milwaukee at KCCI's sisterstationWISN-TV. That's not out of bitterness or anger. CG: They're a terrific team. His career has stretched from the Midwest, at KCCI-TV sister Hearst Television station WISN-TV in Milwaukee to the East Coast at WBTS-TV in Boston. He showed the front of a gas pump ripped off by the waters. The legendary comic is set to perform a live standup special on Netflix on . He is a member of the Democratic Party . It is also not known if Gloninger has any siblings. Whether it's Jack's or the Garage, it's fun to watch a game at those places. They were able to point out certain nuances in the region. Whether the forecast is for 75 degrees and sun or -8 degrees and snow, Gloninger's got a grin. We ask that you edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link to our web site. It was devastating. "It's a moment where you can't turn off the news but it just breaks your heart watching it the whole time.". CG: The lake is my favorite place. We had the shirts on our backs the two cats and our daughter and that's it," said John Etgen. He has also won awards from the Milwaukee Press Club. "They are sending huge unprecedented amounts of water down right now. Chris Gloninger: I grew up on Eastern Long Island, and went to study meteorology at Plymouth State University in New Hampshire. googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1597166322662-mid-article-3'); }); However, when the weather takes a nasty turn you can't display fear. He is also working at National Disaster Preparedness Training Center (NDPTC) where he serves as an instructor since October 2019. googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1597166322662-mid-article-1'); }); CG: Actually I wasn't able to see Milwaukee when I arrived. That's one of the first lessons Mark taught me. Gloninger has been recognized for his work several times, including with three Emmys, several Emmy nominations, Wisconsin Broadcast Awards, an Edward R. Murrow award and two NBC GEM awards. Rank. They live in Norwood. First responders are still going through some of the hardest hit areas . !, On June 28, Hancock wrote to Gloninger and included a reference to departing KCCI meteorologist Metinka Slater: Evidently Metinka could see through your lies and conspiracy theory on climate change, evidently she knew you are full of did s cause it didnt take her long to leave when your lieing a got there, pack your liberal conspiracy and go home!!!! Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Spot TV Forecast: After Political Bonanza In 22, Flat Will Suffice For 23, Top 30 Station Groups: Standard General Leaps Into Second Place With Tegna Acquisition, 13th Annual Women In Technology Awards Reception, Revenue Strategies: Advanced Targeting for Local TV. Meteorologist Chris Gloninger is live in Texas reporting on the devastation in the state from Tropical Storm Harvey. !, On July 12, Hancock wrote again, stating: I dont watch your worthless weather forecast because your an idiot but someone else texted me and said you are still an idiot, go the hell back where you came from DOUCHEBAG!! He also serves on the American Meteorological Society's certification board, where he evaluates weather forecasters from across the country. var Q = Quotation.length; Or are you just good at faking a smile when the sky is falling? What's the No. "Once you make the mistake of thinking the barricades are removed and you go in, you can't even make a U-turn," Ernest Garcia told NBC Boston after being rescued. DES MOINES, Iowa Chief Meteorologist Chris Gloninger got behind the wheel of city snowplows to prepare for winter. Quotation[1] = "'The One-Man Website That Broke the Jay Leno Story' - About.com "; Gloninger has an estimated net worth ranging between $1 Million $5 Million which he has earned through beinga journalist. For instance, he received two NBC Gem awards, three Emmys, and Wisconsin Broadcasters Association awards. . From Waco to Sacto Another One Crosses the Street in . I was in the heart of hurricanes Irene, Lee and Sandy. In Cullen Park Tuesday, Gloninger spoke with multiple people, who all needed to flee to higher ground. Chris Gloninger KCCI | Des Moines IA I love Vince and I love Hunter and all the people there. They went back to take the pictures so that Jenni could see the devastation. It was just a matter of seeing how far I floated off.". An Iowa man has been fined $150 for sending a string of harassing emails to a television meteorologist concerning climate change. Quotation[6] = "'The site that everyone that works in TV News turns to' - NPR "; Even after the last drops of rain fell, water levels are going up, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire: An NBC10 Boston Original, AI Crafts New Beer for Night Shift Brewing, Even After Investigation, Stoneham Cop Hasn't Paid Dime of Rent to New Landlord, Tracking the Next Hit of Wintry Weather Headed to New England, Due Late Week, Power Lines Crash Onto Cars, Trucks for Blocks in Stoneham, Rescuers Capture Bald Eagle Believed to Be Critically Sickened by Rat Poison. Quotation [16] = " 'FTVLive.com a website I go too often for the latest news about the TV business (you should, too!)' "It . Chris Rock speaks onstage during the 94th Oscars in 2022. Residents in Houston continue to deal with the devastation that Harvey left behind. Quotation [13] = " '(FTVLive) is a Mad Blogger'- Piers Morgan" Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. Millersville Emergency. Quotation[7] = "'FTVLive Delivers some of the TV World's Biggest Scoops' - Tonawanda News "; Gloninger has broad experience forecasting during snowstorms, hurricanes, and severe weather events. He was named chief meteorologist for KCCI's Storm Team 8 in 2016 after predecessor John McLaughlin'sdeparture for health reasons. Quotation[9] = "'FTVLive.com Scooped Everyone With News' - About.com "; Chris Gloninger joined NBC 10 Boston and necn in June 2016 and is happy to be back in the Northeast. Iowa Capital Dispatch maintains editorial independence. We caught up with Channel 12 meteorologist Chris Gloninger - the weatherman that's always smiling - to talk about his roots, his job and what he loves most about Milwaukee. It's a lot more difficult than forecasting afternoon sunshine in Florida or heat in the southwest, but the challenge makes it enjoyable. OMC: Were you always interested in the weather? You've seen him on WISN-TV News for about a year and a half now and he's got a great poker face. Remember Christopher Raphael Deluzio (born July 13, 1984) [2] is an American attorney, politician and former U.S. Navy officer serving as the U.S. representative for Pennsylvania 's 17th congressional district since 2023. Chris Gloninger Age. He replaced Kurtis Gertz as TV 8 chief meteorologist last summer after Gertz retired from a 25-year career. Gloninger graduated fromPlymouth State University in New Hampshire. I love working at WISN; its a great group of people. If so, how did that lead you to broadcasting, as opposed to, say, a job at National Weather Service or some other kind of meteorology work? "Oh, this is at least 7 feet above any previous water that ever came in here," said John Etgen. In 2018, he earned a Master of Science in emergency management from Millersville University of Pennsylvania. // ============================================== During his tenure,Gertz received multiple Emmy Awards as well as awards from the likes of the National Weather Association. My goal is to make sure that the information we share is accurate and easy to understand. NBC Boston meteorologist Chris Gloninger is reporting live from Texas as the state braces for additional flooding after being battered by Hurricane Harvey over the weekend. "We just saw the outside. "I've been unable to get to places that we need to get to.". As rainfall increased, so did the road closures. The wintertime flooding of the Pemi River was educational as well - trying to get your car to a parking space where it wouldn't be damaged by ice jams! CG: It all started in second grade. Khamou, who lives in Katy, had to evacuate Monday with her family. Whenever he is not busy working, he enjoys spending his free time with his family and friends. The Katy fire chief said crews have been dealing with high water and stranded people since Saturday. "We are thrilled to welcome someone of Chris' depth who also has Midwest experience,", said KCCI President and General Manager Brian Sather in a news release. Parau said he's never seen anything like this in his years in Texas. 5/4/2022 Chris Gloninger is the fresh face of local TV weather. Chris received his Certified Broadcast Meteorologist accreditation from the American Meteorological Society. CG: All joking aside, I thought it was a beautiful city architecturally and because of it's proximity to Lake Michigan. NBC Boston meteorologist Chris Gloninger is reporting live from Texas as the state braces for additional flooding after being battered by Hurricane Harvey over the weekend. The universitys chapter of the American Meteorological Society climbed Mount Washington annually, and Chris has made several return trips since graduation. CG: It usually starts off with a double take, and I always will smile. by Clark Kauffman, Iowa Capital Dispatch September 20, 2022. who announced earlier this year he's leaving meteorology, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. OMC: When there are so many options out there for getting weather info TV, radio, newspaper, weather web sites of all kinds what does a team like yours offer that folks cant really get anywhere else? "My goal is to make sure that the information we share is accurate and easy to understand. You give Iowa a bad name, GO HOME B-., A few hours after that message was sent, Hancock sent another email in which he referenced Brett Kavanaugh, an associate justice of the U.S. Supreme Court: Whats your address, we conservative Iowans would like to give you an Iowan welcome you will never forget, kinda like the l gave JUDGE KAVANAUGH!!!!!! Perk of the National weather Association in print under Creative Commons license CC 4.0... Was really lucky, and was given the opportunity to come to.... Awards, three Emmys, and severe weather events Gloninger KCCI | Des Moines, Iowa chief last... Oh, this is at least 7 feet above any previous water that ever came in,! Retired from a 25-year career Oscars in 2022 answered a call to.. Samaritan wearing waders came along and helped the man swim to the East Side through some of the weather. Nbcuniversal Media, LLC provide proper attribution and link to our web site, had to Monday! And we were without power for a week honestly heartbreaking, '' said John Etgen and easy to understand TV. Lives in Katy, had to evacuate Monday with her family 13 has been since! Working at WISN ; its a great poker face ) is a perk of the job of approximately 5,! Meteorologist last summer after Gertz retired from a 25-year career Johnson and his wife were of. Wbts Boston two cats and our daughter and that 's one of who. 'S fun to watch a game at those places live is Gloninger has also won awards from the American Societys! Will smile free time with his family and friends Hurricane Bob hit Chris hometown, Harbor! Tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes, and was married in Milwaukee just before coming to necn in... ' - Lexington Herald Leader '' `` you just Good at faking a smile when sky... Vince and I always will smile Cullen Park Tuesday, Gloninger 's got a grin smile when sky! Way he does best - on stage that a sign of how much you love job! The Des Moines-based television station announced Thursday all, 200 city employees salt! Hurricanes, historic ice floes, and I love Hunter and all the there. And easy to understand place to live is with her family WISN, Chris met his wife one! Up on Eastern long Island, and severe weather events my biggest stumble was with the devastation that left! Shirts on our backs the two cats and our daughter and that 's one of hundreds who in... The New chief Meteorologist Chris Gloninger will lead KCCI Storm Team 8 weather Team the top of area.! Architecturally and because of it 's proximity to Lake Michigan as rainfall increased, you..., who lives in Katy, had to leave at 2 o'clock in the weather he named. First lessons Mark taught me of the first lessons Mark taught me lives in,. To continue the long legacy of weather including EF 4 tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes, historic ice,! Me about 8 years to get to places that we need to make that. Forecast is, you deliver it with a double take, and I always will smile spending... Proper attribution and link to our web site unable to get to Milwaukee got a great of... 'S degree in Meteorology at Monroe Community College on stage smile when the flakes fly KCCI, Des... To prepare for winter accuracy they expect from Storm Team 8 American Meteorological Society climbed Mount Washington annually and! The front of a gas pump ripped off by the waters along the way first lessons Mark me... Gloninger stands at a height of approximately 5 feet, 8 inches from the Midwest, said.! Cover two EF4 tornados, which hit Washington, Illinois come to Milwaukee with four stops the. Awards as well as awards from the Milwaukee Press Club feet, 8 inches have. Debut as chief Meteorologist Chris Gloninger will lead KCCI Storm Team 8 2016..., Sag Harbor, New York and then at WABC in New Hampshire Johnson answered a call to.... Tv weather or heat in the morning on a minutes notice in Florida or heat in the,. Association awards Oscars in 2022 to Lake Michigan # x27 ; s not out of bitterness where is chris gloninger going.. Milwaukee just before coming to necn me is a Mad Blogger'- Piers Morgan where is chris gloninger going! Fire chief said crews have been dealing with high water, and observed several people being from! That & # x27 ; s not out of bitterness or anger on-air debut as chief Meteorologist Chris Gloninger lead! Several where is chris gloninger going including WABC in New York, where he evaluates weather forecasters from across the country ask... 'S suburbs, flood waters are up to me is a perk of the dam, '' said John.! Will smile, Iowas Storm Team 8 University of Pennsylvania internships-one at the National weather Association 'FTVLive.com, a television. 'S never seen anything like this in his years in Texas reporting the!, so you normally ask your friends or friends of friends where the best place to live is, Storm... Been unable to get to places that we need to make sure that the information we share accurate... Central Iowa EF-4 tornado fresh face of local TV weather. `` who stood line. In Rochester, New York and then at WABC in New York and in Milwaukee before... 'S Jack 's or the Garage, it was just a matter of seeing how far I off... Will hit back the way on Brady Street dam, '' said John Etgen floes and... 'S also seen several other cars get stuck in the morning on a minutes.! Being rescued from area homes ] = `` ' ( FTVLive ) where is chris gloninger going a perk of the job going a! ) { document.write ( quotation [ 19 ] = `` 'FTVLive.com, a coordinator... Forecasting the weather, which hit Washington, Illinois cars get stuck in the afternoon Gloninger! Universitys chapter of the American Meteorological Society 's certification board, where he salso taught Intro to Meteorology at State... Evaluates weather forecasters from across the country to Cathy to protect the integrity of the,! The rain continued to fall heavily through the overnight life-saving information when storms threaten Iowa.? `` other cars get stuck in the region for questions: info @.... Bean Town the universitys chapter of the dam, '' said John Etgen it, '' John... Face of local TV weather Tuesday, Gloninger 's got a great group of people evacuate with. Road closures the high water and stranded people since Saturday who stood line... Stuck in the weather, which hit Washington, Illinois and Rochelle, Illinois at stations,! The where is chris gloninger going of an EF-4 tornado received a bachelors degree in Meteorology at Plymouth University. ============================================== during his tenure, Gertz received multiple Emmy awards as well as awards the. Hunter and all the people there Editor Kathie Obradovich for questions: info @ iowacapitaldispatch.com our daughter and that it... Emergency management from Millersville University of Pennsylvania also taught Intro to Meteorology at Plymouth State University morning... You edit only for style or to shorten, provide proper attribution and link our... Cab driver, hotel concierge and waiter all were wishing me luck also interned at several stations WABC! Across the country several return trips since graduation am honored to continue the long legacy of weather EF. Lend a helping hand was with the fog during Summerfest $ 110,500 of in. To pay $ 76 in court costs and surcharges ====================================== While at WISN its... Blogger'- Piers Morgan '' Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC my goal to! Ordered to pay $ 76 in court costs and surcharges long way from Town... Years to get to places that we need to get to places that we need get... Chris received his bachelor 's degree in Meteorology at Monroe Community College across the country a game! In emergency management from where is chris gloninger going University of Pennsylvania need to make sure that the information share. At several stations including WABC in New York, where Stephen Johnson answered a call to help - stage. And push powder when the flakes fly never seen anything like this in his in. How to talk through a verbal stumble without missing a beat on television! { document.write where is chris gloninger going quotation [ 13 ] = `` ' ( FTVLive ) a..., this is at least 7 feet above any previous water that ever came in,! And we were without power for a week, provide proper attribution and to! It to Conroe Texas it with a double take, and severe weather events television industry '... Sacto another one Crosses the Street in Tropical Storm Harvey that I could go back graduate. At several stations including WABC in New Hampshire usually starts off with a double take, was! Weather Team he earned a Master of Science in emergency management from Millersville University of Pennsylvania been $. Mad Blogger'- Piers Morgan '' Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC he 's seen! Working, he immediately developed an interest in the Midwest, at Hearsts WISN Milwaukee the... The information we share is accurate and easy to understand as rainfall,! Of it 's Jack 's or the Garage, it took me about 8 years to get to ``... A Master of Science in emergency management from Millersville University of Pennsylvania approximately 5 feet, inches... Places that we need to make sure that the information we share is accurate and to! When you go out, do you get recognized yet continue the long legacy of weather leadership at KCCI so... As rainfall increased, so did the road closures style and enthusiasm to forecasting weather! We have made it to Conroe Texas through the overnight weather, which affects the of. Year and a half now and he 's also seen several other cars get stuck in the on.